.Hack//Series, a rant...

Child0fTheMind

Has anyone else who has watched this whole series ever wondered... How was Balmung and Orca capable of beating "The One Sin"? A "impossible" event that none before, nor none after, were ever able to beat?... Especially when they were only two guys, and groups weren't able to beat this event. It just seems so unreasonable for a MMORPG. What MMORPG would ever create an "impossible" event in the first place? And along with this, what MMORPG would ever create ways of having characters that break the balance of the game? All MMORPG's I know of make everything achievable for every character. No one character can ever become more powerful than any other (if they are the same level). And yet both Orca and Balmung are more powerful than ordinary characters, even prior to Balmung becoming an Admin.

This is just an issue with the .Hack series I've had for a while and wanted to hear others thoughts on it. The MMORPG world of .Hack seems just so unreasonable to actually be a MMORPG... And not because of the AI's or the "illegal" creations of the game, but because of the characters... Like Sora, why would his "assassination" techniques ever work on someone? In a MMORPG, if you die, you don't loose anything valuable. So why would anyone ever be scared of him to give him their user address? And what would giving him their user address do anyway? All he'd be able to do is send them a friend request with it... As throughout the series it is shown that you need someone's user address to become friends with them.

And Subaru and the Silver Knights, what MMORPG would ever allow a guild of players to become the police of the game? That's what the Administrators such as Balmung are for in the first place. How did Subaru get her wings anyway? Balmung recieved his due to him being the VIP of the One Sin event... He had to beat an "impossible" event just to get his wings, and Orca didn't get anything... So how does Subaru, and Ryoko from the games, have wings?

And what MMORPG would ever "ban" an appearance? Both Kite's and Blackroses characters appearances were banned, but what good would that ever do for a MMORPG? It's not like the appearance of the player changes anything about the actual player's abilities.

Anyway, I guess I'm done with this rant, what do you all think? What are your opinions?