Crysis 2 Leak

RikuoAmero

Okay guys, you've probably heard by now a Beta of Crysis 2 has been leaked to the interwebz. Just so EA has no reason to come after Kametsu, I won't post any links, but surely its okay to just talk about it.

I've downloaded it, comes in at a hefty 9.21GB unzipped. However, it doesn't work at all for me. I've tried running both the 32-bit and 64-bit exe's, and I can get the main menu, mess with settings.

However, once I hit single-player, I'ved tried running a campaign and selecting individual levels. Cool intro movies play, with PLACEHOLDER in place of credits and a watermark "Crytek For Internal Use Only" plastered over the bottom. However, once the movie ends, I'm stuck on the loading screen.

This not being the final build, there are some things missing from it that I can tell straight off the bat. The graphics menu is fairly simplistic compared to the original Crysis - there's an option to change resolution, and that's it. This build runs in DirectX 9 mode, according to the debug info running in the corner, and the sound played during the intro movies is just of brutal quality (and you can see from my signature, I've got a decent sound card and headset).

nice system you got there :)

thanks, wasn't hard to get. I bought the original PC for 1100 euro, came with a 400 Watt PSU and a Radeon HD 5450, then I spent close to 700 euro swapping out the PSU for a 500 Watt, swapped the 5450 for a 5770, added the Blu-ray drive, and then a few weeks ago I got the sound card and headset.

hopefully the graphics are insane

Well...they do look very good, even though this build is strictly DirectX 9. That means none of the features introduced in DX 10, 10.1 or 11 are being used. However, I think my copy is now banjaxed: I got into the second level, immediately went to change the settings back to 1080p, and now the game doesn't work at all. I tell the exe to run, and all I get is a black window.

If anyone here wants to try this, make sure you have plenty of RAM. I have 6GB, and I noticed that this takes up a full gig by itself.