VPN Service

trulou

• 2 months later...

i use AirVPN they are fairly cheap and they have lots of support including port routing for private trackers. iv used them for over a year now and i can say speeds are good enough for downloading and BitTorrent.... but you know what they say "you get what you pay for!".... its $58 a year and sometimes they will have deals and discounts. they have an easy to use client for windows and optional use of openvpn for router and linux support. i haven't seen servers go down so id say they have good up time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 7:02 AM, PhantomKnight said:

PIA is great, alot of times they have specials for $30 a year for life and their download and upload speeds don't have a limit and you can set it up to different states and countries

I second this. Been using PIA for ~3 years now. Price is more than reasonable (~3.50 USD/month if you get the 1 year subscription). I have OpenVPN setup on my FreeNAS running Transmission. Works great. I also use it on my main PC for DDL. Proxy is nice too for my IDM client. All my downloads that go through IDM are done through a proxy, so just a bit safer.

If I hit the download cap (6gb on Mega for example), I just switch servers, which gives me a new IP and I start downloading again. Not to mention the regional limitations you can bypass by making yourself appear anywhere in the world. Android app is nice too, but I don't use it that often.

Bottom line, definitely worth it for anyone who downloads often or wants more security for their sensitive data.

Edited by WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

• 1 month later...