Dragon Court: Revived

Zemekis

[Tl;dr, you can play the revived game here.]

I thought the day would never come, but I finally have the excuse to talk about an internet relic that's come back to life. There was a browser game launched in 1997 called "Dragon Court" on an old website named Fiends.com. This game was a part of my childhood, as I was maybe in 1st grade at the time, and was very likely the first thing I ever did on the internet. It's my earliest memory of the internet alongside watching my dad pirate Black Sabbath songs from Napster. The game's mechanics are narrow but deep, although the presentation is simple. Mostly text-based with a few static images. As described on the site itself: "Dragon Court - Is a fun little RPG. You can get into fights, buy/sell equipment, and save your character. You can mail stuff to other heros, gain rank in the courts; seek fame, fortune, power and notoriety."

Fiends.com went down in 2015, and the code for the game was offered up to whoever wanted to get it running again. A couple of years later, someone tried to bring the game back as "Dragon Court: Mobile" but that never materialized. Then suddenly, Penguin Chilling Games released a full-scale browser recreation in October 2023! I found it by pure luck while Google searching the game for nostalgia's sake in December. The game can be brutally obtuse at times, so the Wiki is a godsend for new players. I'm not affiliated with development or promoting the game in any way. I'm simply ecstatic that I can relive this game after so very long. There are clans & a player-to-player mail system, so if anyone joins, send me mail either here or in game! My name is Zemekis on DC as well.