Touhou 16 - Hidden Star in Four Seasons

Pooka

Hello there. I decided to make my first post on this as a new member be Touhou related since...for some reason, there are no threads about it on this forum!

What are your thoughts on Team Shanghai Alice's/ZUN's newest title in the extremely popular bullet hell game series, Hidden Star in Four Seasons?

I love the game, despite the usual bugs which need to be fixed ASAP. Unlike the previous game which was unusually hard, this iteration is a break from Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. Easy, yet still no joke, which is precisely what the series and fans needed. While there are less characters this time around, the Stage 6 and Extra Stage bosses essentially make the game in their plan and end-goals. The theme too is also elegant in a way, as the four playable characters (each representing one of the four Seasons) try to solve the mystery of why all of Gensokyo is awash in the four seasons in midsummer, depending on where you are.

These are my overall thoughts. What do you think of the game?