Calling Any Canadians - Yu-Gi-Oh DS of D Blu-Ray Subtitle Issues Anyone?

animeforever

Hey everyone,

I wasn't too sure where to post my question so I hope I've chosen wisely.

Has anyone else had any problems with the subtitles on their purchase of the Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Side of Dimensions Blu-Ray?

I have been reading all sorts of posts about the issue here and here regarding the 'Dubtitles' playing on the Japanese language track:

https://imissbionix.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/canadian-yu-gi-oh-dark-side-of-dimensions-dvdbd-dilemma-mecard-product-launch/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-24/lionsgate-to-offer-replacement-discs-for-yu-gi-oh-film-dubtitle-issues/.118707

However I cannot find any information relating to my exact issue.

I want to the watch the movie in the Dubbed version and my problem is that no matter what Blu-ray player I try to use, the dubtitles are permanently fixed on the screen, even when I select off on the disk and player.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

The information listed above is stating that the replacement disk offer is for US residents only. I live in Canada so Lionsgate/AnchorBay will not help me.

The other problem is that apparently, sites like Amazon.ca are selling an imported version and a domestic licensed version, apparently from eOne but I have no way of knowing where my copy came from.

I purchased mine from Amazon.ca and it was not the imported version I clicked on.

So, I do not know what to do!

Do I try and contact eOne?

Or return it to Amazon.ca who doesn’t seem to be a part of the issue directly?

Where should I purchase a new copy from if the disks all run the risk of this subtitle issue?

If anyone else had this issue, please please let me know.

Thanks ^.^