SacAnime Winter 2015

Forge

My go-to anime con, held January 2-4 in Sacramento California. Had a real great time with my friends (who as you might know are more of the gaming crowd rather than the anime crowd). Still, lots to see, especially with so many voice actors doing both anime and video games.

The crowd favorite was Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime. Unfortunately, autographs with him were $135, which was a liiiiittle too rich for my blood.

The guest list was quite big.

PICTURES

Me and Matt Mercer. I know him mainly as Leon from Resident Evil, Chamber from Gargantia, Levi from Attack on Titan, and Fenmore/Varion/Faris from a MOBA style game called Dawngate, (which was killed by EA, RIP Dawngate). He was a real cool guy, taking just a few extra moments with his fans to talk and personalize autographs.

Me and Alan Lee. He's a new voice actor, but you might know him as Ledo from Gargantia

Me and Cassandre Lee Morris. She was real cool. When I asked for a photo, I was just going to go behind the table and lean in for a picture, but she patted the seat next to her and, for a few seconds, I got to be at the autograph table with Cassandra. Also, she's goddamned tiny. I'm 5'7'' (Just about 170cm to the metric users) and she looks real small next to me.

Me and Richard Epcar. When talking to him and when sitting in on his panels, he's a surprisingly funny dude.

Todd Haberkorn. Lines were brutal so I only got a "picture of" not "picture with". Still, more than good enough for me.

Caitlin Glass. Ditto the "picture of/with" thing.

Caitlin again. It was funny when I first met. I shook her hand, and like Dave Fennoy from the summer, she was impressed with my handshake. She was literally, "Oh, nice handshake. Do it again!" So, for just one weekend, I got to touch Caitlin Glass. Twice.

Me and Lauren Landa. Also a really cool person who spent those few extra seconds with the fans.

Kyle Frigging Hebert. Incredibly funny guy. Look at some of the video clips below.

Me and Trina Nishimura. She is so. Freaking. Bubbly.

Trina again. She's also. Freaking. Giggly.

Me and Dameon Clarke. Managed to ambush him as he was leaving a panel and got a photo with him. Real nice guy, and funny too.

My friend (in the Delson cosplay) and Ashly Burch (who you can't see because of bad camera angles)

This actually turned out pretty cool, even if I didn't mean for it to. That's Ashly, by the way.

Me and Barbara Goodson, who most of you probably know as the voice for Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers. Fantastic, friendly woman.

Me and Lisle Wilkerson. Interesting person to meet. I don't really play fighting games, so I barely knew her from Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and DoA. She grew up in Japan and is completely fluent in Japanese (which she said is weird for Japanese people, seeing this super white blonde speak Japanese as well as they do). She went to school with Hikaru Utada (second grade, at least). She also told a story where she was in an MMA championship fight with some Japanese chick. The fight was rigged (with Lisle slated to lose), but they met secretly so they could put on a good looking fight and not actually hurt each other. Good thing she did, too. The opponent turned out to be the daughter of some Yakuza. Also, this was her first ever real fight, but the promoter advertised her as some foreign powerhouse from America who messed people up.

The closest I could get to Peter Cullen.

Bender.

Stormtrooper Deadpool (w/ Wampa hat).

Pretty good Power Rangers cosplay.

They'll eat your face. (Or take your skull and spine).

The Chobits from last summer, now as something different. If you guys didn't know, I met these two (yes, they're twins) while I was waiting in an autograph line at SacAnime Summer 2014. They were dressed as Chi and Freya from Chobits. I was joking with my friends "I wonder if I'll see those Chobits again," and lo and behold. No idea what they're cosplaying as though.

Bro, do you even splash?. The day before, I was talking with the vendor who I got the shirt from and he told me there was a Magicarp running around. I said to myself, I've got to meet this guy. And, after the last panel of that day, I ran into him. Actually, he saw my "Do you even splash?" shirt and hurried over to take a picture with me. It was real cool.

VIDEOS

Women of Anime panel 1. Brina Palencia explains how she trolled J. Michael Tatum.

Women of Anime panel 2. Brina Palencia sings with the 3rd-placer from the karaoke contest.

Women of Anime panel 3 Brina Palencia sings a Shin-Chan song with a bunch of dudes.

Attack On Titan panel 1. Shipping.

Attack On Titan panel 2. Anime hair on AoT characters.

Attack On Titan panel 3. Levi the unicorn?

Chris Gore 1. (Featuring comedian Yoshi Obayashi).

Chris Gore 2. Make sure to read the description. It explains why there are two shirtless men on stage.

Chilling With The Voice Actors panel 1 (a reading of a Flash Gordon radio drama

Chilling With The Voice Actors panel 2

Chilling With The Voice Actors panel 3

Chilling With The Voice Actors panel 4 Kyle Hebert is literally the best.

Edited by Forge