The Boondocks Season 4 Discussion [Be Aware Possible SPOILERS]

Ari-Yang

dd70ad63ba2d7f179ca56257803e9511.png

So, yesterday the first episode of the latest 'The Boondocks' series premiered. The episode wasn't too bad and not too great. I found it odd that they started a season with an episode surrounding Tom. "Pretty Boy" Flizzy was funny.

This season's intro is okay. It's not as good as the other ones in my opinion. Personally I was a little disappointed because they basically used season 3's style with just different clips and they same beat (didn't like how Riley was freaked out >__>). The first 3 seasons' intro beats were different from each other. I think they just got lazy.

Another thing that bothered me was Jazmine's birthday.... Seeing how it was her birthday it means she's 11 years old. Making the characters age is to me is an "unMcGruder" thing to do. I guess we can expect the other characters to age/have aged by 1 year (Huey, Riley, Grandad, Cindy etc.).

Overall the episode was alright, I give it a 7/10, it had its moments...

What did you guys think?

Memorable quotes:

-"You make me want to uhh"

- Uncle Ruckus "....and food stamps that them little mixed-race quadroon nigga will be consuming. And they consume a whole lot more than regular children 'cause they eatin' for two races"

- Huey "But there's also a song called, "White Wifebooty. Know that?"

- Pretty Boy Flizzy "Nigga, I swear on my abs... On my abs, nigga!"

Edited by Ari-Yang

• 2 months later...