July Camp NaNoWriMo

Official site.

In case November is too far away, or you want to flex your sprinting muscles before then, There's another Camp NaNo session coming up!

They added some new features back in April like variable word count goals (from 10k to 999,999 words) and cabin mate options. So if you don't want to do the full 50k, you can do something. Or more, if that tickles your fancy.

If you guys are interested, I'm pretty sure we can all be in the same cabin, though cabins only "hold" 4-6 people.

I looked at the site but, I have a few questions.

1. You said it's in July right?

2. Are you allowed to drink or do they have an open bar?

3. Does it matter what kind of stories you right? (I really like Sci-Fi)

4. What other activities are there?

Edited by LTJG RIO

The cabins are virtual, I'm sure no one would be upset if you drank at your computer, haha.

But yes, it's in July.

You can write whatever you want and it's pretty much just writing. If you're in a cabin, you can do stuff like word wars and sprints (set a timer and write--at the end of it, tally up that sessions word count and see who's got the most).

I don't know what else they do in Camp since I've never done it--I've only ever participated in NaNo on November. I doubt it's much more different, though.

• Like 1

Cool, I haven't done creative writing in a while but, my creative side has really started to spring up again since joining this site. It's kind of inspiring in a way to read the works of other people on the forum's. I never knew there were so many aspiring writers in the ranks. Even if just for fun the idea is pretty cool.

I know the feeling. It's like you know where you started and you know where you want it to end but, the hard part is adding all the meat in between the sandwich. Anyways back on topic. You have more than convinced me and I'll sign up later today. First Sons of Anarchy. I promised a friend we would watch it.