Mass Effect 3 thoughts?

renovalentine

Honestly it was a great game, and I think just about everyone agrees on that, but for whatever reason it is some terrible game because the ending was a let down. It doesn't make much sense how something like that could ruin the ENTIRE experience. I get where they are coming from but it seems a little over board, after all a dynamic ending is definitely not the easiest thing to do.

My thoughts are basically on par with most people! Fantastic gameplay, wonderful voiceacting and character depth, and the soundtrack was my favorite and the most memorable by far. But the ending did leave much to be desired in terms of closure, as well as the obvious plot holes.

However, free DLC with an epilogue? Ill give it a shot, it cant make it any more terrible than it was. XD

~Asomath

It just depends on how a relay is destroyed. In arrival the relay is destroyed with brute force which causes a supernova like burst of energy, where as at the end of ME3 the relays are overloaded by the signal, causing only the destruction of the relays.

Besides, the kid never said "Oh yeah, this'll also wipe out all organic life in the galaxy. kthxbye"

I agree with chaos. I spent a long time pondering this question, especially after I'd finished the second time. The first time I went with synth, but the second I decided to control. When you watch the "light cosmic" animation bit, it seems that the relays don't really take that much damage. Not to mention the Crucible itself doesn't seem to be destoryed, so the tech would still be there. Reparations could be made prehaps? Now imaginge a game that addresses the fallout of said conflict. In my case, with the genophage gone, the q and g being buddies and the serious insults I threw around it would be an interesting game to see.

If they did make a 4th I'd love to see how they'd manage it with the three different endings, cause that would basically call for three whole different games (especially in the case of synth). It would be a very difficult feat indeed. I would welcome some sort of different take on the universe itself, like a shooter/rts before the reaper war, or an full scale rts after Reaper (the idea of playing with a krogan battlemaster army gives me nerdgasms). Hell, I'd kill for a free roaming fleet/space based game in its essence cause the ship designs rock. Or a MMO.....oh god and MMO of mass effect.........*dies*