Discworld T.V Adaptions

flashfire

What do you think of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett, and how do feel about the ones adapted so far?

I have to be honest and say that while yes I did enjoy the t.v adaptions there were also parts that drove me nuts because of sections either missing. cut out swapped around or even never happened (or at least not in that way). I kind of hope that as with some other book adaptations they one day may do more faithfull remakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i am a huge pratchett fan. i grew up reading his books, and have read all of them at least 5 times each, with some periods of time where all i would read would be his books. they arent overly long and so i can get through one in a few days, but the wit and synical nature of the stories are fantastic.

i have seen some of the tv adaptations, they arent good. the trouble is the budget.. they keep it english, which for acting purposes isn't an issue if they get good ones.. but the world is magical and requires some large and some constant if subtle reminders of this that just arent paid for and do it a massive disservice. Give it a Potter budget with a Vimes story like Thud! and i'm sure that would translate wonderfully.

it's a terrible shame what's happened to the poor guy, especially since he firmly believes that a person is made of their experiences and memories. the fall off is really obvious in his latest works, which i will buy regardless. the characters are developing in bizarre ways and doing things i would never expect. whilst he may be trying to expedite the process people are behaving oddly, look at some of vetinari's conversations for example.