The villains didn't get em, the Toys did.

Nero D. Ace

So Teen Titans Go! started a while back and the new Batman TV show is about to start soon. I'm not planning to watch either one of them.

And no, it's not because I'm skeptical of the show's format or style; or because I'm raging over the cancellation of two of my favorite shows to make these new ones air.

It's because - after a while, I might actually like them. And then some big shot will license a million action figures of chibi Robin and not manage to sell them all off and end up cancelling the show cuz of it.

At least that's what appears to be the reason for the cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern -

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/green-lantern-the-animated-series-young-justice-cancelled-27228/

I saw this really recently and although E3 happened barely a week ago, it's not the DRM policies, the console wars or the death of used games that get's to me. This, this news article sickens me and makes me wanna puke.

Toys!?

FUCKING TOYS!?

YOU CANCEL A TV SHOW NOT BASED ON THE RATINGS, BUT THE TOYS!?

Here's a fact - Young Justice was actually becoming a damn good show.

I kinda hated it at first cuz I was pissed that they cancelled Teen Titans and refused to renew it (Ironically, they ended up cancelling YJ to bring back Teen Titans, albeit in a different format). But then I started watching it. The characters were actually kind of interesting while still being "super-heroey" enough for kids. They were sticking to the canon! They were adapting some stuff really well.

And then Season 2 kicks in and I fall in love. The roster just expands like crazy. They start exploring superheroes who had been left out in the cold for so long in the past. There was betrayal, action, drama, comedy. This show was a fucking entertainment hub!

And then they go and end the season as well as the series at a very disappointing end. S1 went for 24 episodes while S2 only got 20 and it's painfully clear from the way it ended that there was supposed to be more but they didn't have the time or money to do it.

I mean, at this rate - I suppose I should be happy kids kept buying Aang and other Bender action figures otherwise Avatar would've ended just before Book Fire - the best frigging season in the show.

But what pisses me off most is that the show's didn't have anything to do with it even in terms of toys. It turns out that the lack of toy sales was directly related to the absolutely horrendous Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern MOVIE.

Yes, a bad MOVIE ended up getting two completely unrelated TV SHOWS cancelled.

I dunno, guys. After reading that article, I'm really apprehensive of serious animated shows coming from the West anymore.

Ah well, here's to The Legend of Korra: Season 2. Please don't disappoint.