Tenshi no Uta Revival Project

Zemekis

spacer.png

Tl;dr: here's an article with none of my exposition.

Tenshi no Uta is a series of three JRPGs from the early to mid-90's released for the PC Engine and a number of its add-ons (Super CD-ROM and Super CD-ROM²) + the SNES for the third game. It's fairly standard early-JRPG fare, but that's kind of why I'm so interested in the revival project. Developed by Telenet Japan, devs from this series would later release titles with more notoriety in the West, namely the Tales of series & Wild ARMs. In fact, this all came about because @Starwind55 & I play Wild ARMs together a few nights per week & I was looking up info on the developer, Media.Vision. There was mention on its Wikipedia page of how Media.Vision got its start as Telenet Japan was on its way out. The "Riot" team (take that, League of Legends!) split off into Media.Vision while Wolfteam is now known as the Namco Tales Studio.

The actual news story here is that the Tenshi no Uta games are likely receiving a re-release of some sort. It remains unclear whether this will be a straight port, remaster (my guess), or a sequel. The Telenet Shooting Collection released last year, which is why I lean towards a light remaster/port of the Tenshi no Uta series being the fruit of this project. While there is no news for a Western/English release, an English patch exists for the third game which is the most playable by modern standards. Translation efforts for I & II have been floating around for years, perhaps a re-release will spark more enthusiasm. All in all, it's a quaint JRPG series that I'm happy to see getting a miniature spotlight after 30 years. I'm a nostalgic person and this type of news warms my heart.

The art for the series is peak early-90's. Reminds me of a mix between Slayers and Wild ARMs (duh).

spacer.png

Article archive links: Wayback Machine | Archive.ph | GhostArchive

Edited by Zemekis
spelling