Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm canceling my wedding cause of that game xD

You sir, are a true Gamer!! "salutes" lol

I'm really excited for this game as well, I also can't wait to see what the modding community will come up with for this since that's my main allure to the elder scrolls series, and it also appears that they're making the stock models look good this time around, lol I swear everyone in oblivion oblivion looked so damn ugly, without a crapload of mods I probably wouldn't have even bothered to play the game for all those hundreds of hours lol.

I'm really excited for this game as well, I also can't wait to see what the modding community will come up with for this since that's my main allure to the elder scrolls series, and it also appears that they're making the stock models look good this time around, lol I swear everyone in oblivion oblivion looked so damn ugly, without a crapload of mods I probably wouldn't have even bothered to play the game for all those hundreds of hours lol.

I'd love to see the mods for this as well. I've never been able to play as a stock character because I was never able to make them look good. My girlfriend has been playing oblivion on my xbox for about a week... I have no idea how she did it, but she made her wood elf look amazingly hot. From the screenshot of the blond woman I'm really hoping that all the characters look that decent this time around if not better. I also hope that they make it easy to make a good looking stock character :P...

Who ever said that Oblivion was better than Morrowind was dead wrong. Could you use crossbows, miner's picks, halabreds or even staves as melee weapons??? No. One ove the coolest weapons was the Nord Severed Leg.

Not to mention how much more of a fantasy world TES III developed over IV. The creatures, the plant life, the buildings, everything.

And to that one goy who said Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas were all done by Bethesda. You were wrong Fallout New Vegas was done by Black Isle Studios. It was only produced by Bethesda. Just like Rage Brink and Hunted are being. Trust me theres a HUGE difference.

It may sound like I'm bashing on Oblivion. But I'm just bashing on the fact that it was dumbed down SOOOOO much since Arena Daggerfall or Morrowind. I hate to say it but it's simpler than Redgaurd or Battlespire. The two games that were ridiculed for there ease and non-completely.

Basicly they got rid of quality for some one who doesn't even know who Ka 'po Tun is. Somone who isn't a gamer.

Who ever said that Oblivion was better than Morrowind was dead wrong. Could you use crossbows, miner's picks, halabreds or even staves as melee weapons??? No. One ove the coolest weapons was the Nord Severed Leg.

Not to mention how much more of a fantasy world TES III developed over IV. The creatures, the plant life, the buildings, everything.

And to that one goy who said Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas were all done by Bethesda. You were wrong Fallout New Vegas was done by Black Isle Studios. It was only produced by Bethesda. Just like Rage Brink and Hunted are being. Trust me theres a HUGE difference.

It may sound like I'm bashing on Oblivion. But I'm just bashing on the fact that it was dumbed down SOOOOO much since Arena Daggerfall or Morrowind. I hate to say it but it's simpler than Redgaurd or Battlespire. The two games that were ridiculed for there ease and non-completely.

Basicly they got rid of quality for some one who doesn't even know who Ka 'po Tun is. Somone who isn't a gamer.

Ha they can't be 'dead wrong' its just a matter of preference.

And I enjoyed Oblivion more even if it wasn't as 'complete' as as Morrowind.

Ha they can't be 'dead wrong' its just a matter of preference.And I enjoyed Oblivion more even if it wasn't as 'complete' as as Morrowind.

True if your talking about personal preference. But I'm talking about pure game value. What you can do in the game, how many weapons, how much armor, how many factions??? When it comes down to it Morrowind has Oblivion beat.

Morrowind was amazing. Personally, I prefere Oblivion, but thats because of the epic battle for Bruma. Kinda felt like a 300 paradoy - small army vs never ending waves of enemies

I preferred Morrowind tbh, maybe because I had the guide for oblivion but the game just seemed smaller and less content. Maybe because there weren't as many quests outside of the guilds and main storyline. Morrowind was open and amazing, if it had its graphics upgraded and maybe they fixed the melee combat on it then it would be the unsurpassed game of epicness...in my opinion at least.

I preferred Morrowind tbh, maybe because I had the guide for oblivion but the game just seemed smaller and less content. Maybe because there weren't as many quests outside of the guilds and main storyline. Morrowind was open and amazing, if it had its graphics upgraded and maybe they fixed the melee combat on it then it would be the unsurpassed game of epicness...in my opinion at least.

I totally agree with you there. Morrowind was my first PC rpg in 6th grade and honest to God I've put well over a thousand hours into it, and haven't nearly completed everything to do! I felt so entranced by that game and the atmosphere it has been the only game to glue me to the screen overnight and into the next morning.

Luckily graphic mods that better the textures have been released and make the game look really good, but I just haven't been able to get over the combat system after playing games like Oblivion.

Thank you two for knowing exactly what I'm trying to say.

If it had its graphics upgraded and maybe they fixed the melee combat on it then it would be the unsurpassed game of epicness...in my opinion at least.

Luckily graphic mods that better the textures have been released and make the game look really good, but I just haven't been able to get over the combat system after playing games like Oblivion.

If your playing it on the PC try the Morroblivion Mod. You should be able to find it at TES Nexus

• 2 weeks later...