Cowboy bebop live action movie

DEATHxxx50bmg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for anything that would add to the Cowboy Bebop story line, but Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel just doesn't fit in my opinion. Keanu was awesome in the first matrix but the rest of his action movies pale in comparison. The idea of him playing an awesome character like Spike saddens me to no end, it'll be worse then a Ben Affleck Dare Devil.

I put a link to an article I found on MTV's site.

Cowboy Bebop Movie

I'm all for anything that would add to the Cowboy Bebop story line, but Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel just doesn't fit in my opinion. Keanu was awesome in the first matrix but the rest of his action movies pale in comparison. The idea of him playing an awesome character like Spike saddens me to no end, it'll be worse then a Ben Affleck Dare Devil.

Cowboy Bebop Movie

Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel?

While I admit that he does kinda look like him, Spike was such an amazing character with an actual personality. I believe that Steve Plum should do all the dialogue and have Keanu lip-synch.

Also, I'm thinking Kim Beckinsale's look from the Underworld series would be the perfect choice for Faye. Either that or Sienna Guillory with the Resident Evil: Apocalypse look. Thoughts on that?

Also, I'm thinking Kim Beckinsale's look from the Underworld series would be the perfect choice for Faye. Either that or Sienna Guillory with the Resident Evil: Apocalypse look. Thoughts on that?

Out of the two, I personally would go with Kim over Sienna for Faye.

I think when you are making a movie about a story that has already been well told, that it's best to use actors that the bulk of your audience have not heard of or know very little about. The best example I can think of is what George Lucas did with the prequel episodes of Star Wars. Lindsey Lohan or Tara Reid playing Padmé Amidala would of made an entirely different movie. Big name actors often get type casted for a specific roll and when you put them in a roll that doesn't follow that stereotype the audience can have a hard time relating. That's my biggest problem with a Keanu Reeves, Spike Spiegel.

I guess it is possible for actors to brake out of those stereotypes like Jim Carrey did, but I personally just don't think Keanu is a good an actor to pull that off.

The thing is this movie is only even being considered because of Keenu pretty much flying to Japan and begging for it. If it is to be made he'd definitely be part of it since it'd only even be made because of him. While he is really pushing to get this into production it still doesn't necessarily mean they will ever make the movie.

The thing is this movie is only even being considered because of Keenu pretty much flying to Japan and begging for it. If it is to be made he'd definitely be part of it since it'd only even be made because of him. While he is really pushing to get this into production it still doesn't necessarily mean they will ever make the movie.

If Keanu plays Spike, I pray it never sees the light of day to be honest.

Cowboy Bebop Movie

cool thanks

• 1 month later...
Yeah, id have to say that i lil against this movie, mainly because i don't feel that Keanu or any other actor could really portray Spike's fighting style without it seeming forced.

Qft, Spike's fighting style in the anime always seemed so - chill/relaxed and reserved (And it's based on Bruce Lee's... random style?)

Anyways; with technology these days, movie producers can manipulate the camera and video to show us what we want to see, or they can completely botch it and destroy what we all know, love, and cherish.

I'd be more worried about Keanu trying to replicate Spike's personality and mannerisms. His acting is no where near good enough.
That's true too... but I don't think it can be helped considering he's like the only real reason the Live Action Film could ever see light; but even in that case I think I would cast my ballot for this film to not be made.

At least if the movie gets alot of media attention there may be a new lot of anime to go with it... maybe like what they did with FMA Brotherhood.
I kind of doubt that... Unless they try to make spin offs or something; I mean the creator specifically noted that Spike isn't exactly written off as Dead... or Alive.

• 1 month later...