Short Story Contest

RazorDan

Short Story Contest  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Short Story Contest

Sensui can NOT enter any contest, not matter what it is, Koby said so.

After checking it was discovered Sensui had made 5 accounts and posted around a few times on each. All accounts were created within minutes of each other and all on his IP address so there is no doubt it was him. Because of that it was also suspected they were made to cheat his way through the competitions.

Therefore I have adjusted the votes accordingly.

Sensui is from here on BANNED from ALL future competitions held on this forum regardless of what type of competition it is. Cheaters are not allowed to participate.

So you should not make comments like this :

pfft this is a story contest NOT an AMV one. just enter, I run this.

MY ENTRY!

Joe got up groggily and looked around him. He was in his room, on his chair, sitting in front of his PC. It seemed he had dozed off last night while doing something on the net ...

Doing what, though?, he frowned at his memory gap. His gaze fell on the calender gadget and his mouth dropped.

Oh crap! It's Christmas Eve. That means ... tonight's the night ...

And then it all came rushing back to him. Why he had passed out and what he urgently needed to tell someone.

He scrambled over to his bed and from underneath a mass of clothing, grabbed a cellular phone. Typing in a number, he held it to his ear, waiting impatiently for the receiver to pick up ...

Yello?”, an equally drowsy voice came from the other end.

“MIKE!”, Joe literally screamed into the phone. “GET OVER HERE NOW! CODE RED!!!”

“This better be good ...”, Mike said grumpily, rubbing his ears as he walked into Joe's room.

Joe instantly went to his PC and plugged in his set of headphones.

“Listen to this.”, he threw the phones at Mike.

Mike shrugged and put on the headphones. A few seconds later, Joe played a music file he had downloaded last night off the internet.

It took less time for Mike than it had for Joe. While Joe had ripped off his headphones a full minute after the music blared, Joe took it off in mere seconds.

“WHAT THE HELL ...!!!”

“Guess who's song that is.”

“Something tells me I don't wanna know ...”

“XQSHN.”

“Noooooooo!!!”, Mike fell to the ground in despair. “Their concert is in just a few hours! And THIS is the new single they plan on releasing?”

Joe cupped his face with his hands. “They're gonna boo them off the stage. Bro will be back in the garage and so will those hooligan friends of his ...”

“Right ... calm down.”, Mike paled. He had had some bad experience with Joe's brother as well. Experiences involving underwear and toilets. “We'll just fix this piece of crap and give him a better one.”

Joe looked at him in disbelief. “We don't know a THING about music!”

Mike held up his hands. “Yes I do. I spent a week at music camp, remember?”

“Wow! A week. A week of music knowledge is more than enough for this.”, Joe mocked.

“Shut up and lemme see the notations.”, Mike pushed him off the chair and opened the Music Master program which converted music files to Notation sheets.

“Riiight ...”, he worked away at the program. “C major to C# ... tweak that D to an E ... raise the bar of this one over here ...”

“Do you even know what you're doing?”, Joe asked.

“No idea.”, Mike replied and continued clicking around.

One hour later ...

“Wow, it actually sounds slightly better than before ...”, Mike stared at the composition in awe. “Whaddya know ... I'm a music composer!”

“This has gotta be the biggest fluke in history.”, Joe listened to the music in disbelief. “Right, let's take this to bro and get it done with.”

They hitched a ride from Joe's mom who after much persuasion tactics and negotiations dropped them off at the night's concert stage.

“Remember Joey, no taking free stuff from strangers ... and don't use the public toilets or ...”

“MOM!”, Joe blushed. “I'm 16, alright? I can handle ONE concert.”

“Thanks for the ride, Mrs. J.”, Mike climbed out of the family SUV.

“The bus would have been better than that.”, he muttered to Joe after she had drove off.

“Let's just give bro this piece of music ...”, Joe walked towards the entrance

“You think he'll be pleased to see us?”, Mike followed.

Another hour later ...

“Guess he wasn't glad to see us ...”, Mike tried stuffing his underwear back in his pants. “And you owe me BIG time.”

Joe dried off his hair with a towel. “Wedgies are still better than Toilet drains.”

“He's YOUR brother!”, Mike retorted.

“Fine, I owe you.”, Joe surrendered. “Let's just hope he doesn't blow this gig.”

The music started blaring as soon as Mike and Joe entered the concert floor.

“He blew it.”, Mike groaned. “That's the old version! The one that sounds like crap!”

Joe sighed. “Guess I'll have to start keeping the toilet's clean back at home again ...”

Then, the Christmas miracle happened. Instead of throwing bottles and fruits and whatever stuff they expected the crowd to throw at the bad, the crowd just got wilder and wilder.

“What the hell ...”, Joe looked dumbstruck. “They actually LIKE this crap?”

“Uh huh ...”, Mike said while staring at a girl who had taken her shirt off and thrown it hysterically at the band.

“Let's get the hell outta here ...”, Joe breathed heavily and dragged Mike outside.

“The best night of my life and you blew it!”, Mike pointed a finger at Joe.

“You shoulda told me you saw a topless girl, moron!”, Joe snorted. “More importantly, why did those guys start cheering for that piece of crap sound.”

“Beats me ...”, Mike opened a can of Coke. “Idiotic minds think alike, i guess. Merry Christmas though, your bro ain't coming home anymore.”

Joe smiled. “Yeah ... and that's the best Christmas gift i could ever ask for.”

Sensui can NOT enter any contest, not matter what it is, Koby said so.

Yes, Lolx, that may be true, pff, my style isn't in competition >.>, may be a waste of time...

I'll have to give up this case, even so Mae can I vote for the story I like the most out here? or I'm banned from voting 2?