Short Story Contest

RazorDan

Short Story Contest  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Short Story Contest

Number 1

Its time for the first Individual Short Story contest, good luck everyone!

* Theme: Christmas- the story must be based just before, during, or just after christmas and must be about an event or occurence during christmas. e.g a party or a trip to buy gifts

* Word Limit: 500 to 4000 words

Entry Closing Date: 25th December 22:00 UK Time

Poll Closing Date: 27th December 2010 22:00 UK Time

Message me if you want an extension and depending on the amount of messages, I will alter the due date.

Once again, I wish everybody the best of luck with their stories!

And it was a Merry Christmas

She comes to me. Every day. Every week. Every month. Every year. It hurt at first and I remember crying myself to sleep most nights for that first few months but it got better. It started to become addicting, like a drug, it wasn't pleasurable. No way in Hell but it was comfortable, like home-made cooking or coming home from a long day of school and afterward it was a drug. Like the best high of your life and then she was always so nice after she was finished too, always comforting. Especially on Christmas. She always said how it was so nice not to be alone and to have someone.

"You're a good boy," She would coo after she finishes, blood dripping down her face until her tongue pokes out and sweeps it up. "You know I don't mean to hurt you, right?"

She would always ask that when she was done and I would always nod my head. I never knew if she was talking about before she started feeding on me or while she was. But it didn't matter. Anything she did to me I deserved, after all, I was the one who found out her secret... All I wanted to do was spend Christmas with her, I liked her and she told me how lonely she was... Always lonely on Christmas. I was just trying to be nice...

-----

"What the hell do you think you're doing here," She hisses angrily.

"I-I-I," I stutter not knowing what to do or say. She's drinking blood or was. Oh. My. God. "I'm sorry." I blabber like a child getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I quickly turned away and start running the thought; vampire running in my mind over and over and over. It has to be a dream, I think before I felt a hand on my shoulder and then I went flying back through the air. I felt felt and heard a sickening crunch and a sharp pain in my back and then all I seen was a pair of two red eyes glowing at me in the darkness of the corridor before all went black.

I felt some Thing biting at the skin on my neck when I awoke.

"Shh," I heard a voice say. I knew that voice... I just couldn't quiet grasp it. "don't move or it'll be worst." The voice said, a Woman. And then I felt two razor sharp something- Teeth clamp down and felt blood squirting from my neck and a loud slurping noise. It went by in a blur, my vision was hazy I was hyperventilating, I knew. I just couldn't grasp enough air, every breath, every millisecond went by so slow, so long... So painful.

-----

"I have a Christmas gift for you," I tell her, snapping out of my flashback. Embarrassed, shy and nervous all at once. "It's an early one."

"For me?" She asks looking surprised, eyes wide. "Well? Give it to me!"

I quickly get up and rush under the Christmas tree to the present I couldn't wait any longer to give her, even if it was only an hour. I sit back down next to her, as close as I dare to get, if I could I would have her hold me all night... Nervously I hold the present out to her and she quickly takes it and reads the name tag which is decorated with pictures of reindeer's, her favorite animal in two ways...

To: Cynthia - With Love From: Scotty

She smiles a little at the hand-written name tag and then quickly tears into the wrapping paper, unwrapping it in less then a blink of the eyes but careful not to ruin the name tag- For some reason she keeps them, every Christmas. It makes me feel warm inside to know that for some reason.

"What is it?" Cynthia whispers, lifting a beautifully crafted, hand-made jar filled with a piece of my Hearts Soul and enhanced with magic blood to keep it alive- And Me alive, until the day I stop loving her. Which would be never if I had anything to say about it.

"I did it because the day I stop loving you is the day I do not wish to live anymore." I tell her and then with a smile. "Merry Christmas."

I think it goes by a bit fast but here's mine

Empty Christmas

White snowflakes fall so slowly from the sky. The music changes to jiggle bells, and all sorts of carols. The streets are packed with people shopping. Bright smiles and children laughing. A big old man in red and white sits in a chair awaiting children wishes. Christmas is coming soon. But there is no Christmas for me.

In my home we are lucky enough to get supper for the night. My father spouts about how stupid Christmas is and how children get spoiled. Mother died when I was 7. I don't remember much of her. When I was a child I wrote a letter for Santa. My father found that letter and clamped his belt ruthlessly. As you can see there is no giving in my family. They only take away what little hope you have.

I sit at the cafeteria table with my friends. Borrowing a hand held game system. School is my only escape from my family. Here I can do things my father would never tolerate. Just playing games is terrible enough to him. My friends start asking each other what they are gonna do for Christmas. I ignore it still playing a game.

Kayle puts her hand on my shoulder, "What about you Devan?" She smiles brightly looking across to me. She has beautiful long curled blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Always wearing a different pretty dress everyday. Just looking at her makes my heart skip a beat.

I shutter, "N-nothing" I don't want her to know about my family.

She continues, "But don't you set up a tree? open presents?" I can see a worried look in her eyes.

Backed up against a wall, I guess I have to say something, "N-". The school bell rings, I'm saved. I hand the hand held back to my friend and return to class. I feel like shes watching me. I hope she doesn't bring it up again.

School's over and I return home. I wish school didn't end and I'd never have to return to this place. Just walking up these porch steps is like walking into a wolves den. My unwelcoming older brother is there to greet me, "Hey bro can yous gets me some smokes?" I could smell the booze before I walked in.

I explain, "I told you before I'm too young to get you smokes, get them yourself".

He gets up irritated, "Don't yous talk back to me little bro!" He takes a sloppy swing at me. I dodge easily hitting him in the back of the head. He recovers quickly and backs me against the wall pounding my face in.

Father yells out, "Stop it you morons I'm trying to read!". He grabs us both and pounds us both one. Clearly unjust to hit me too but this is the way it is here. I stutter back to my room and lay on my messy bed. I just want this day to be over already. A little bit of blood slowly falls from my lip as I close my eyes.

Lunch time at school again I'm just with the guys. They are talking about how cute Kayle is. I'm not the only one into her, I know that. But it would be better for her to be with someone else anyways. I separate from them to be alone. I don't care to listen to them right now. I walked around the lightly snow covered school field kicking the rocks I pass.

A familiar voice calls out to me. I turn around surprised to see it's Kayle. She asks, "Devan what are you do- your face! what happened!?". I forgot about my bruises last night.

I turn away, "It's nothing" hiding my face with my bangs.

She insists, "It is something look at yourself!" I could hear the worry in her voice.

I yell out, "Mind your own business! It has nothing to do with you". I heard her footsteps in the snow slowly go back. Then the whimper crying as I hear her run away. My chest hurts, I hurt her.

It's been a week now. It's Christmas, but not for me. Brothers out partying somewhere and Fathers working some extra money on a useless day. I guess I got one thing I wanted. Time away from my shitty family. All I can do is lay in my always messy bed. It's too cold to go outside.

To my surprise I hear knocking on the front door. I rush to open it. It's Kayle, Shes wearing a very pretty white dress but her arms and legs are red clearly shes cold. I say, "K-Kayle? What are you doing here? and In a dress too aren't you freezing, get inside".

I cover her in my coat and take her to my room. It's the most welcoming part of this shit house.

I ask again, "Kayle what are you doing here? shouldn't you be with your family?".

She says, "I was worried about you, are you alright?".

I tell her, "I'm fine you should go home". She pulls something from underneath her dress and hands it to me. It's a small box wrapped in styled paper.

She urges, "Go on, open it up". I rip off the paper and open the box to find a awesome dragon necklace.

She smiles, "Merry Christmas Devan".

I hug her and say, "Thank you, may I give you something as well?".

She says, "Sure anything". I pull her back as kiss her deeply. As we release she hugs me tightly.

I smile, "Merry Christmas Kayle". She smiles back.