Code Geass vs Gundam 00

RazorDan

Code Geass vs Gundam 00  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Code Geass vs Gundam 00

• 3 weeks later...

I loved CG, i couldn't stop watching it, although the ending was weird (with his parents etc). However i am being bias since i have never watched gundam at all.

The thing i loved most about cg was their names , i mean suzaku kururugi (or however you spell it) is just great to say. the same with Lelouch lamperouge.

Another reason i love Code Geass is because the characters are designed by clamp and i really like their drawing style- xxxholic, legal drug and tsubasa are great examples.

• 2 weeks later...

GAAArRRR whatdoichoose? whatdoichoose?whatdoichoose? nopnononononono to.. hard... brain... meltuugh..

ding

conclusion reached

code geas

I personally enjoyed it more

I liked the characters (could someone tell me please why they don't like the characters in CG cos seriously I don't get it), I liked them more than gundams (not saying that gundams characters are bad at all or anything), I believe that they were equally idealistic in their goals and had similar ways to deal with them (brute force and strategy alike), that is how they are comparable, especially with the fact that they're fairly close genres.

argh, tough poll but my vote goes to code geass.

i love on how gundam 00 was made and it deserves a 9 for me (both seasons).

but it cant compare to code geass story and the characters itself. although, both of these 2 series had the tragedies that they have.. but in terms of the ending itself, code geass is way too better (i love sad endings i.e. Deathnote, Full Metal Alchemist, Fate Stay Night).

gundam 00 x-factor:

- Trans Am!

- No romance! (for the protagonist)

- The mecha designs this way around is quite unique to the previous gundam series that i've watched.

- not much recap episodes (i think 1 episode and it's only around half of the whole episode).

- loved most of the celestial beings personalities (except the trinities).

- fast pace.

- excellent plot which in some terms, when im watching it the first time.. i was trying to compare it to code geass (especially the end of gundam 00 season 1)

- very great visuals which is expected from a latest gundam series.

code geass x-factor:

- Lelouch Lamperouge, Zero.. i guess the only anime character that is next to him is Light Yagami / Kira.

- code geass r1 episode 22: bloodstained euphie

- code geass r1 episode 25: zero

- most of the girl cast are lovable: CC + Kallen

- epic plot and unforgettable end.

- it's much more strategy than battle.

- unexpected plot twist / turn of events (if your watching it in the first time).

- code geass r2 episode 25: Re

- Original Soundtrack

in the end, these two series are great in a same way.. both entertaining, fun and the kind of anime series that you can watch many many times.

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair both kinda had similar endings and goals. Both Celestial Being and Lelouch made the focus of the world's hatred put onto them and with their destruction the world united and all warfare ceased to exist. These are two of my favorite anime so it was hard to say which was better, but... A Gundam could flatted a Nightmare Frame without contest.

In my own opinion, the 2 shows are incomparable because they portray 2 different things + their themes are different. Gundam 00 is more focused on the mecha side while CG is more focused on the intellectual side. I really enjoyed both but I rewatched Gundam 00 several times so, I'll go for Gundam 00.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...