Bettas and Other Fish, Good or Bad?

Ray Ray

I had no clue where to put this topic at all, but I had been wondering today ever since I bought my little 2.5 gallon fish tank.

So, I am letting the water filter right now, before I put my Betta in and me and my mom were going to buy a few more fish for it tomorrow. But I had heard about how Betta's are agressive. So do you guys think my female betta would honestly attack one of the other fish? I mean she didn't seem to fight with the male next to her and she didn't fight with her reflection.

My mom said she would prolly be fine because female bettas are less agressive [[she said only the males really fight]] and bettas only seem to fight with eachother, so do you guys think it's a good idea?

No idea what betta fish are.. but, i had a fish that was really aggressive. lol

one of those fighting fish. anyway,, we bought fish, and it secretly contained a baby fish which the seller didn't notice.

We released it all into the tank. All was well after a while. But, the aggressive fish ate the baby fish!

just like that.

blink and u woulda missed it..

soo im not sure. haha. i wouldn't get other fish lol

Are betta fish delicious?

Um, you could try talking to Anonymous at 4chan's /an/, but Anonymous is weird, so you could probably Google it.

http://qeok.com/fish/1142-qeok.html

Betta fish are agressive to other betta fish. They are not particularly agressive overall. The reason that male bettas fight (and show off all their "plumage") is to increase their chances of mating. If other males are aound, the females might go with them. If the male can keep rivals away, the females will mate only with him.

Well I have been hearing so many different answers on this one. My mom said her Betta and goldfish got along just fine, and it was a male.. I have read that Betta don't have to be "alone" just around less showy fish/fish with long flowy fins/tails because they get jealous.

Gah I still don't know what to do though I have heard 50/50 on both.

Koby: Was your Betta a male or female because that might have something to do with it.

But if I can't keep my Betta and golfish one has to go in the bowl and the other in the tank, which is no fair for wither, which reminds me, Betta are sold in tiny little cups.. ABUSE!

No idea what betta fish are.. but, i had a fish that was really aggressive. lol

one of those fighting fish. anyway,,

Siamese fighting fish are bettas haha.

I dunno, I never thought to ask the fish it's gender. I was only 6 years old at the time. However I think the cute ones are males, and the ones that don't look as pretty are the girls right? If so it was male. Funny how almost every species the male looks better, except humans. =P