Top 5 Anime

F40soldier

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading through the first couple of pages just to get a general idea of what people were watching. And I have to say that I'm not surprised. Lol

I'd have to say the paltry few pages I read through contained enough information for me to want to make a lengthy and ranting post about Americanized Anime.

However, I'm not gonna rant cause everyone likes different things. However, out of my top five favorite animes, only 2 have aired in America.

1. Toradora!

Toradora has an amazing and gripping story with light hearted humor while at the same time being a wonderful romance drama. It's easily my current favorite anime.

2. Clannad & Clannad After Story

While they're the same series, the two seasons are greatly different, and both are funny, sweet, romantic, and emotionally moving. The Clannad series is extremely close to over taking Toradora! as my all time favorite anime.

3. Ranma ½

Everyone should watch Ranma at least once in their anime lives. Most people who follow the anime love it, and stuck around for all nine seasons. Ranma is a classic anime, and is easily one of the best of all time. Not only this, but it gave rise to several acclaimed voice actors, including Richard Ian Cox.

4. The Dragon Ball Series

Love it, absolute favorite anime of all time. (I know right?) But I've seen it so much that I've gotten used to it being awesome and it's no longer listed as top one my tier of anime. It's one of the only anime I've watched that's been aired in America on cable television.

5. The fifth place on my tier is filled with anime that made the top five of my tier, but didn't go any further, and it would be unfair to place them in sixth and seventh and so on. And the list is FAR from complete or even a percentage of what I've watched and enjoyed.

Mahoromatic - Macademi Wasshoi - Kanokon - Tekkaman - Chobbits - Strike Witches - Kemeko Deluxe! - Midori no Hibi -

And the list goes ON and ON and ON. Lawd

On a side note, I would like to say that I'm holding in reserve Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z - on the account that I've never watched it. I can't find working links, and the ones that I do, the series is incomplete or so large that all 52 episodes would take up too much space for my computer. So I'm hoping to find them mini encoded somewhere. But it looks bleak.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm. That's a toughie. Let's see. Such a looooong list.

01. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (read the manga first, and seeing it animated was like dying and going to heaven)

02. Ouran High School Host Club (I have rewatched this anime soooooo many times)

03. Rurouni Kenshin (I wish so much that they had fully animated the Jinchuu Arc, but this is another anime I've watched over and over again. It is what really got me into anime in the first place!)

04. Escaflowne (Old school! The artwork bugs me a little bit, seeing as the characters' don't need weapons because they could stab people to death with their noses alone, but what an amazing story!)

05. Gurren Lagan (JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? Great plot and the whole basis for the anime is rather inspiring on a philosophical level.)

1. Naruto and naruto shippuuden

2. Full metal panic

3. Bleach

4. Dragonball

5. Full metal alchemist

Cheers,

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

1. Case Closed

2. Yu-Yu hakusho

3. Steins;Gate

4. Gosick

5. Darker Than Black

Case closed? I dont know that one. What kind of anime is that. Im going to search for it.