The Walking Dead (TV Series)

cannabis 30

I am not sure I like what TWD turned into, what happened with good ol' zombies... But I am curious to see how they will deal with situation. Only that part can redeem this series for me. x.x

Spoiler

Glen's death was one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever seen on TV...

2 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

I am not sure I like what TWD turned into, what happened with good ol' zombies... But I am curious to see how they will deal with situation. Only that part can redeem this series for me. x.x

Hide contents

Glen's death was one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever seen on TV...

TWD hasn't been about zombies since like season 2. It's all about: Finding a new place to stay, settling in, new adversary appearing to cause a brawl, Rick & Gang having to deal with the situation, Finally taking care of it, moving on, rinse & repeat. You could basically forget zombies even exist. It's all about the drama. Shoot even the main characters in the show have said on more than one occasion that humans are the real 'monsters' and the only thing to fear.

• Like 2

Just now, Koby said:

TWD hasn't been about zombies since like season 2. It's all about: Finding a new place to stay, settling in, new adversary appearing to cause a brawl, Rick & Gang having to deal with the situation, Finally taking care of it, moving on, rinse & repeat. You could basically forget zombies even exist. It's all about the drama. Shoot even the main characters in the show have said on more than one occasion that humans are the real 'monsters' and the only thing to fear.

Yeah, I know, I wanted to say that I'd just rewatch first season, or maybe even second and give up on the series altogether. It got really repetitive and even though the last season took a slightly different turn, I feel like it is not the turn I can stomach... But like I said, the only reason I will continue watching is the curiosity as to what are they going to do next. But if they kill off Daryl, I am drawing a line. :@

Just now, Oblivia said:

Yeah, I know, I wanted to say that I'd just rewatch first season, or maybe even second and give up on the series altogether. It got really repetitive and even though the last season took a slightly different turn, I feel like it is not the turn I can stomach... But like I said, the only reason I will continue watching is the curiosity as to what are they going to do next. But if they kill off Daryl, I am drawing a line. :@

Unfortunately with Daryl held hostage, he's at the very least likely to not to play that big a role in this season. We likely won't even be seeing him again until after the mid-season premiere. It also makes him the most likely target if anyone tries to pull anything; although I still believe the show writers don't have the balls to actually kill off Daryl at this point since he's one of the biggest reasons people actually tune in to TWD.

• Like 4

Just got around to watch episode 1, and that kinda left me scarred/damaged. This was a disturbing episode, but it was sill a good though, and holy crap Jeffrey Dean Morgan does an awesome job that psycho.

12 hours ago, Oblivia said:

But if they kill off Daryl, I am drawing a line. :@

Kinda maked me laugh a little bit, cus i would guess if this was a anime-adaption of a manga everyone would complain about how stupid it is to have a character which is not part of the original source material in such an important role. Daryl is my favorite character on TWD, even if hes not a part of the original source material, so i really hope he last for a long time in the show xD

Edited by Fishmonster

• 2 weeks later...

I was not surprised how it went as i expected it to follow the comic on how a lot of events go even though i have not read the comic yet. Yes the first ep was not pretty to watch but it will set up future events. If the first ep was the darkness then the 2nd could be the light with the introduction of the kingdom. Next ep will focus on Daryl so we can find out how he will deal with the tragic turn of events and what he might plan.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, jaykhunter said:

Yo guys enjoyed this first half of the new season? It's tough watching the gang be terrorised/living in fear for hours on end. 1-2 episodes is more than enough! It's weird that on TV they traded 'someone's held captive by Negan' in minutes!

It was alright. The character centric episodes kind of dragged out too much imo. Could have definitely integrated them together or something, but apparently it's some contract thing where the actors are only contracted for like 13 out of the 16 episodes each season so they write the season around leaving characters out of some of them as a result, so we get those kind of episodes.

Also seems most people decided to drop the show after the premiere. The viewership has dropped really low (for this show, still high in comparison to other shows of course), to the point it's lower than it has been since Season 3 and seems to still be dropping more every episode.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...