Bleach

Guest Morpheus

I have been wondering too if they will ever dub the two OVA's. The first is a retelling of the Grand Fisher storyline but the second is an original story. I thought they were both fairly good. Am only on episode 135 of Bleach as i do not watch anime everyday and once i watch it subbed then i will see it again dubbed. Hopefully by that time the anime might come back.

As I have learnt from reading posts throughout the forums, dubbing companies dont worry to do dubs of OVA's as they are unable to regain the cost spent on making it. This is obviously series dependant/popularity dependant etc but for something like Bleach... I would have expected it to be done. Sadly we havent seen it yet... so I dont think it will happen

Regardless of popularity, it's still Viz Media. With them, you're lucky if they don't cancel the dub of the show. You can pretty much guarantee any specials/ovas won't get dubbed by them.

Although, Bleach isn't really that popular. At least in Japan the ratings dropped to abysmal levels which is why they dropped the anime instead of creating more filler.

The Bleach OVAs are kind of crappy anyway. You might as well watch them subbed.

lol thanks for the suggestion.

Regardless of popularity, it's still Viz Media. With them, you're lucky if they don't cancel the dub of the show. You can pretty much guarantee any specials/ovas won't get dubbed by them.

Although, Bleach isn't really that popular. At least in Japan the ratings dropped to abysmal levels which is why they dropped the anime instead of creating more filler.

Well, I think that definitively answers this topic's question :) I am thankful that Bleach was at least dubbed all the way to ep366, which should be the last episode. 

I wish there was a law that stated that all companies have to release dub versions of OVA's and extras...

Edited by Moodkiller

I am thankful that Bleach was at least dubbed all the way to ep355, which should be the last episode.

Though only like 336 is out so far. So another 30 episodes till end of dub.

haha, thanks for the correction. Edited. And yes, should finish sometime in October? 

I'm not sure if Viz media will even dub the OVA's. The subbed one's wasn't all that grand so I doubt they'll make a dub of it.

Yup definitely looks that way Kakashi... oh well, at least there wasnt heaps of them either... 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So i was under the assumption that the bleach english dub was aired on tv b4 the uncut dvd's. i didnt know that they were airing far ahead the dvd releases. So my question is. does anyone know where i can get the aired dubbed. and is it uncut and is it on par or better than the dvd qualty. also which if toonami is doing it. thank you.

Edited by professa X

So my question is. does anyone know where i can get the aired dubbed...

I dont know if im missing something, but umm...

http://kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/37527-multi-bleach-mp4avimkv/

So are they uncut?

Bleach dvds are around like 320 I think. The Adult Swim TV airing is at 362. LeloucheTheZero takes the TV audio and syncs to the Japanese HDTV video. Cartoon-World occasionally releases the Adult Swim broadcast they capped and it can usually be found in our IRC channel.

i tried typing bleach and all i got were the movies. btw the current dvd's are 316. the one coming up in december is till 328.

Your personal opinion. Should i go with the aired or wait for the dvd's. I want uncut, good quality.

The only thing cut on the Adult Swim broadcast is the Ending and the Preview/Omake. LeloucheTheZero uses the audio from the Japanese HDTV to replace the Ending on his video sync and he adds the Japanese audio for the Preview/Omake and leaves subtitles so you can understand it.

On the dvds, they cut the Omakes from the episode and included them in the 'extras' separately.

Viz Media also cropped their dvds from 16:9 to 4:3 for episodes 168-230 because they're stupid.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

From Masashi Kudou who is the character designer of bleach anime has responded about the return of bleach anime and said

" So you understand, the anime' staff hasn't forgotten about it, like people said. If we don't say anything about it, that means we have nothing in progress at the moment, but there is always a possibility for it to return. Because people care about bleach deeply. This ties in with what we said on March 27,2012 (The end date of the anime). It's important to wait patiently and continue to support the anime and manga by buying licensed bleach products while hoping to see it back". 

Tell you you the truth I don't know how long was this but it means anime will come back after the manga is finished? If someone on here saw this article or put it on here I apologize for putting this on here

Edited by Guillermo31

It doesn't really say anything other than to simply not give up hope; basically just telling people if they want to see it then they must keep buying merchandise related to it. As for saying there is a possibility; well there is always a possibility of return, even when something is canceled. Just look at The X-Files, nearly 15 years later they're returning with a new season. Dragon Ball Z now has Dragon Ball Super after like 20 years or so, etc... So yeah possibilities will always exist for them to return.

However nothing has changed since the day the anime was dropped. The ratings were bad, the viewership was low, the criticism high, and the anime was handled extremely poorly, although a lot of that is Tite Kubo's fault for being an absolutely shit story teller with nothing but copied ideas and bad progression.

Bleach was only good honestly for the first 63 episodes. At this point I don't really care if they continue or not, but I figure if it does, then it will likely be after the manga is over so they don't run into the same problem of being caught up and having no material to adapt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guillermo31 said:

Yea the ratings were dropped cause of the full bring arc was kind of stupid but when the thousand year arc came the the ratings for the manga is great 

I don't know where you heard that, but from what I've seen the ratings have just continued to go down.

*1 14,102,521 ONE PIECE
*2 10,304,112 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
*3 *8,778,048 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
*4 *8,605,861 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
*5 *8,569,215 Kingdom (キングダム)
*6 *6,531,508 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
*7 *4,321,830 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
*8 *4,188,158 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
*9 *4,058,119 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)
10 *3,758,541 Tokyo Ghoul:re (東京喰種:re)

11 *3,689,013 One Punch Man (ワンパンマン)
12 *3,638,637 Ao Haru Ride (アオハライド)
13 *3,576,177 Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種)
14 *3,498,177 NARUTO
15 *3,472,121 FAIRY TAIL
16 *3,355,844 Yowamushi Pedal (弱虫ペダル)
17 *3,199,971 Nisekoi (ニセコイ)
18 *2,940,024 Diamond no Ace (ダイヤのA)
19 *2,850,718 Owari no Seraph (終わりのセラフ)
20 *2,820,526 Magi (マギ)
21 *2,678,890 BLEACH

Bleach has fallen all the way to 21st place this year. In comparison it was 18th last year and 15th the year before that. So it's clear ratings have only continued to decline.

• Like 2

• Koby unlocked this topic