Sign in to follow this  
seirachan

Infestation Short

I've written a lot but this ones pretty much my best. A lot more here http://sanzolover.de...allery/#Writing

------

It is dark. I feel it take me under. Black veins scatter all over my body. I scream but no one hears. This infection invades my body. As I'm falling farther and farther so slowly into the abyss. I see it cover my eyes. It is all black.

I'm awake. It was just a dream. I look over to see her sleeping soundly under the blankets. This tent is my safeguard. A Safeguard that wont hold. Whether it's day or night this orange infestation falls from the sky and serves as the light. Air is thin and impure. I look out the crack in the tent door to see dying grass. What little life is left will soon perish. Including mine.

I walk out onto the dying grass shotgun in hand. As I search the far and fallen valley with my eyes I see a few beasts. Monsters. They resemble bugs but I don't know what they are. All I know is they want to kill me, Kill her. They spot me and start running fearlessly. I hold my ground. Once in range I shot their heads off hearing loud screeching noises come from them. That's the end of that.

She walks out of the tent to see their corpses. She speaks, "More of them?". I nod. We both turn our heads to see a horde come from the edge of the dead valley. We reload our guns. I grab her and give her a tender kiss. Then we face the horde.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PowerBen10
      Teen Titans Go! is a comic book series based on the 2003 animated TV series Teen Titans. It often extends from the show, expanding on plot lines the show introduced and adding new characters. The animated series itself is loosely based on the characters that starred in the popular 1980s comic The New Teen Titans. The series is completely different from the original comics which were written in the 1960s.
      The series was written by Joseph Torres, and Todd Nauck and Larry Stucker were the regular illustrators. The series was published by DC Comics.

Teen Titans Go! Comics (Megalink)
    • By Emotional Outlet
      Michael stared at the woman in the mirror. He supposed averaging four hours of sleep over the past two weeks wasn't ideal, but hallucinations seemed excessive.

She seemed to blink when he did, mimicking his other movements perfectly. Even the number of teeth seemed to match as he ran his tongue over each one.

When he reached for the long dark hair that flowed over her shoulders in the reflection and grabbed an unexpected handful of hair, he took in a slow, controlled breath. The reflection smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling and drawing attention to the faint bags that formed beneath.

He felt his lips part. “That’s enough for now.” The voice was feminine, static faint beneath the lilting sounds. “Rest your eyes, won’t you?”

Michael went to sleep.

===

Something stank.

Corben tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but was met with utmost resistance from his body. He groaned and took a mental step back, focusing his energy into opening his eyes.

It was painful, like soap rubbed under his eyelids. His arms wouldn’t cooperate long enough to let him rub the pain out, so he squeezed his eyes shut, forcing out the pooled tears. They tumbled over his cheeks hotly and still his eyes burned.

After a few orchestrated blinks, he managed to stabilise his vision long enough to examine his surroundings—or, at least, realise he was staring at the open predawn sky sandwiched between towering grey brick.

The smell hadn’t left either.

He tried to move again. It felt like he was lying on garbage bags, but he couldn’t get past how much his eyes hurt. Whether the bags were filled with pizza boxes or rotten fruit didn’t make much difference—he needed to get up. Corben grit his teeth and tried to launch his upper body forward.

When his back seized with pain instead of lifting, he swore he could crack a tooth. He clumsily groped the bags beneath him, trying to force some feeling into his limbs long enough to figure out what he was lying on. What little he could feel through the plastic was immediately recognisable.

Bottles. Broken bottles.

Corben laughed.