Captain Ukitake

animaelover

Now, can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he is one of the four origional soul reapers: him, the captains of squad 8 and 4 - and The head captain... So hes pretty bitchen, I'm sure... It is the same with Urahara - we rarly see him fight - and I don't think we see his release, and definatly not his bankai (at least I havent gotten that far, if you see it..) - and he is referred to as pretty damn powerful.

anyhow.... thats the best I got!

Now, can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he is one of the four origional soul reapers: him, the captains of squad 8 and 4 - and The head captain... So hes pretty bitchen, I'm sure... It is the same with Urahara - we rarly see him fight - and I don't think we see his release, and definatly not his bankai (at least I havent gotten that far, if you see it..) - and he is referred to as pretty damn powerful.

you is right he is an original but remember the koga arc? he wasnt in there

• 4 weeks later...

His shikai is shown and it's been shown that he's caple of fighting the head captain when teamed up Kyroaku (off screen.) He is one the best swordsman in the soul society. He was also able to deflect Lilynette Gingerback's cero barehanded and proceeded to steal her sword (amiditedly he said her cero was weaker then a menos'.) He is then able to stalemate Stark (in he released state) until Wonderweiss intervenes, (right before Stark was about fire 1000 shots at Ukitake to counter his shikai, which allows him to redirect cero and similar abilites.) That's the extent of his on screen fighting.

i don't get why they would let a sick guy remain a captain anyways unless he was pretty damn powerful.

like uruhara, we've never seen his bankai before, and when he did try to unleash it, he was stopped by kyoraku who said that "your bankai shouldn't be used in a place like this".

whenever it does make an appearance, i'm sure it'll be bad-ass.

• 9 months later...

Shoot just hell anything u throw at him he will throw it right back so it like fighting yourself and his skill all at once shoot sign me off somone else can fight that hellish power

• 3 months later...
Ukitake is an ass. If you have read the resent manga releases, it is revealed, he did something really sneaky and low to Ichigo when he handed him that soul badge. I won't spoil the suprise, but if I were Ichigo I'd kick his ass.

Whatever. I think that he is simply cautious and very smart. In fact, rather than hindering Ichigo, he helped him control his powers. Overall, I think that Ukitake is one of the best captains, and watches out for his allies and punishes his enemies.