Most overpowered main character?

animaelover

Goku is the classic overpowered main. I mean, gigantically overpowered with Vegeta always trailing WAY behind.

Second would probably be Naruto. He really got super-extra-special-awesome transformations coming out of the wazoo that might actually tie with Goku

(Naruto, Kyubi Possessed Naruto, One tails Naruto, three, four, six, eight tails mode, Sage mode, Sage+Kyubi mode, Control over Kyubi awesome sparkling fire mode, WTF?!)

Goku is way to strong to make the series interesting, although it is good.

Also, as balanced as most are, gundam is terrible for overpowered main guys! I mean they all start just above average and end up damn near unstoppable at the end!

Examples: hero from wing, kira from seed, setSuna from 00 especially the second season, etc...

Like everyone said already, Goku is super powerful, but think about this. As powerful as Gok,u becomes by the end of DBZ, and/or DBGT he still was not as strong as he foe. He wasnt able to beat Cell, and when he fought Buu he had to use the energy from the people of earth in the form of the spirit bomb to win. Same thing when he fought Syn Shinron in the GT series. So yeah he's super strong but there's always been someone a little more powerful to face which keeps the series interesting. Lets face it you wouldn't want Goku to be average and his big battle is a slap fight with the neighbor kid.

Kenshin Himura comes to mind for me. Think about it, during that entire show, he fought with a sword that, at it's best, would knock a guy out. Had he fought with an actual sword, he'd have killed almost everyone. His dual against Hajime Saitou was a great example when he dodged the famed Gatotsu and delivered a strike to the back of Saitou's neck. Would have instantly decapitated him with an actual sword.

Or when he landed the Ultimate Attack on Makoto Shishio during their fight. He'd have straight up killed him rather than land a very damaging blow. Granted, a few showed up from time to time that proved to almost be his equal, such as Aoshi. But for the most part, he fought every single one of his opponents with a clear disadvantage in not being able to kill with a single blow, yet he still ends up beating everything but a disease.

• Like 1

Overpowered eh? Age/Velcross from Heroic Age I would say may be stronger than Goku. I guess it would come down to opinion. The most notable event that proves this is that a Nodos ends up transcending every possible dimension and not in one of them was Velcross defeated. Well, I would have to say that every Nodos is insanely and incapably powerful. They can plow through planets and whatnot and if they go into a berzerker rage, they pretty much are ? times more stronger. However, I think only one ever goes fully berzerk.

Well, that's the whole point. The 'hero' always comes out on top. It's a recurring theme in action series. The main character meets a strong foe and on occasions, find him/herself on the brink of death; someone they come in contact with some power that helps them overcome and then they move on to the next enemy, only to get even stronger.

Alucard certainly, he's way too powerful compared to everyone else in that Universe. At least with Goku he actually has to fight hard to over come challenges, Alucard just waves his hand and all his enemies go away.

Obviously the hero is supposed to win, but you gotta at least make it so he might not, like John McClain in the Die Hard movies.

well, i think most of the anime have their main character as an overpowered one....mostly the action genres.....but under the sports category its kinda sane i guess....

I don't think there are any overpowered characters in One Piece , Luffy is by far not the strongest and Whitebeard isn't that much stronger than the admirals or Shanks .

I'd say a lot of characters from DBZ are way overpowered that is why I stopped watching the show in the first place :oh: