Final Fantasy VIII (8) Discussion

phxofgrn

I didn't like FF VIII for four reasons.

1 - casting magic was a weak form of attack for some reason. (I believe magic should always be more powerful than physical attacks)

2 - Ultimecia should have been introduced as the villain WAY earlier, so as to make defeating her more significant.

3 - The Time Compression thing... what was that and why was it important?

4 - I didn't like anybody in the cast except Squal, Siefer and the sniper.

I didn't like FF VIII for four reasons.

1 - casting magic was a weak form of attack for some reason. (I believe magic should always be more powerful than physical attacks)

2 - Ultimecia should have been introduced as the villain WAY earlier, so as to make defeating her more significant.

3 - The Time Compression thing... what was that and why was it important?

4 - I didn't like anybody in the cast except Squal, Siefer and the sniper.

Lol, I never ever used magic because they were junctioned and even the magic that wasn't, I always felt that I worked too hard to stock them to use them.

I agree, Ultimecia should have been introduced a bit earlier. Of course, that's most final fantasies for you, showing you the REAL bad guy way late in the game. Lots of RPGs do that, though.

Time compression, ugh, too lazy to go there right now.

But the characters, it's a shame you didn't like most of them. Of course, your opinion is your opinion, and I'll respect that. I however loved them, especially Zell and Selphie (they are sooo crazy and hilarious...though I could totally see how they might annoy the hell out of some people).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally, Final Fantasy VIII story was good. However, it was too straight forward especially the characters. These characters were too static in my opinion. Believe it or not, most gamers were expecting the characters to be more dynamic as the story goes. Not like ohh.. I'm loner at first, felt in love, my lover in trouble, I got to save her. To me, it just too cliche and not too many twist and turns in terms of characters dynamics. Overall, it was good but it wasn't what most gamers would want. Though I like the card system a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy 8 was so under-rated because it was released right after 7, which was amazing... And FF9 blew 8 out of the water because it was released so soon after 8, I believe that is why the FF series is waiting years before making more releases now lol... As to not take away from the game before it.

• 3 months later...

FFVIII is my favorite overall. I just really loved the junctioning system. It was something different ya know? Like someone said earlier, the fact that you could junction magic to your stats and then using said magic in battle would make your stats lower, I really enjoyed that. They also had some unique summons as well, my favorite being Diablos. As a child the story was very confusing to me but now that I understand it better, I find it pretty decent although it can be confusing at times. Also the final boss battle with Ultimecia was amazing. I loved the difficulty of it and how she CHOSE who you started the fight out with instead of using who were in your main party. Really had to make sure your entire team was at a good level.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think a better way to say this is which Final Fantasy games do you hear people talking about often? there are over 20 Final Fantasy Games which includes the spin-offs, onlines, and various different ones.

and the ones that I often hear people talking about are Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy X (10) those are the ones that I often hear from everywhere people talk about, maybe if I'm being fair here FF8 and FF12 too as well.

if you put this into context then many of the other FF games are either very underrated or very bad

I mean even the most recent FF13 haven't got as many people mentionning it as the other two 7 and 10

• Koby changed the title to Final Fantasy VIII (8) Discussion