What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

First anime was probably the original Dragon Ball when I was a kid lol At the time I didn't know it was anime though. Afterwards I started watching Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z, and when I was watching Dragon Ball Z, only then did I realise what anime was lol I began looking for and downloading other anime after that, and first anime I downloaded was Trigun which I still consider one of my favourites :D

when i was a young boy, i used to play PS1. my very first game was Digimon rumble arena. lool. afair, there was a digimon movie i've watched. simply, i was addicted to digimon during my younger years. but my cousins were addicted to pokemon. and we used to play it on GBA. also, there were anime series played on TV and i watched them.

when i was in malaysia, one of the anime show i watch is very nice and i decided to go youtube and search for it, thought i didnt know what the name was i write magical girl and it came out magical girl lyrical nanoha, that anime is very nice and i like it so i go and watch other anime and i got addicted to them.

• 1 month later...

Back when I first used to watch anime on T.V, I used to only get to watch 1-5 episodes a week, and I guess Manga wasn't my thing because it was only black and white, and wasn't very popular like it is today, back when I was a little kid. Plus, I couldn't afford it.

Ashita no Joe and Chibi Maruko Chan were some of the very first anime to show me the essence of simplified drama, which is the basic thing that got me hooked up. The great fighting scenes in Ashita no Joe were something I still look for in anime I want to watch. Not many can get to that level though

I remember watching Star Blazers and Robotech when I was a child, back when it was first introduced to the US. Than when I was older there was Dragon Ball, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yugi and some others. But I didn't know it was considered anime at the time. Than when I saw my sister watching Saiyuki on Toonami (the first time Toonami was on cartoon network), I looked it up on the internet and that was when I found out what anime was. I've been hooked ever since.