What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

Well, this is a difficult one. I grew up with pretty liberal parents and had quite a bit of freedom from a young age. One of my best mates was in a similar circumstance and he liked to stay up late to watch more mature programmes. Me and him would constantly talk about some of the later night programmes like samurai jack and coast to coast. Eventually toonami came about, and with it came gundam, outlaw star and an anime I have since forgot. Me and him bothed got hooked and since then I've watched it frequently. Toonami R.I.P

I was in 5th grade and while surfing channels I found a 'cartoon' with a pretty girl and a hot guy.. it attracted me, the drawing style that is.. and then I found.. its mature.. to me, I was watching kissing in a 'cartoon' and love.. intense love.. just the right amount to tickle my adolescence years.. thats when i stopped liking all other cartoons and got hooked into anime.. my first anime.. 'Curious Play'

First pokemon and digimon when I was really young, then sailor moon, then escaflowne and dbz and then came along inuyasha and I had an official addiction. couldn't stop watching anime after that! although i've been lax recently (due to the lack of internet i have yikes..) I got my roommate hooked on FMA! =D ( i own the dvd's and movie so currently watching that and a lot of other shows I have on dvd. having no cable is kinda nice when I can finally catch up on other shows =D)

At first, it was Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ and all that good stuff that first got me into anime. At the time, though, I thought they were the same as American cartoons. It was not until I bought the first issue of Shonen Jump by accident (only because I saw DBZ on the cover) that I realized how much bigger the world of anime and manga really is. Since then I've been hooked!

I grow up watching Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Pokemon, among others on normal TV. But eventualy my family got cable, and i found others like (Inuyasha, Chrno Crusade, Hellsing, Law of Ueki, Ghost in a Shell, Cardcaptor Sakura, LUM). I always watched on tv, so when the channell got canceled, i stop watching. It was only when i got to College that i found out i could watch/download Anime.

Even now i dont watch as much as i thought i would. :P

I only watched: Law of Ueki, Devil May Cry, DarkStalkers (the OVA), MOUSE, Street Fighter II (that movie, they made), and Venus Wars (i think thats the name, its in Portugues the title), among the others i mentioned

So basicaly those are the ones that pulled me to liking Anime.

When I was little, Dragon Ball is my companion. I remembered watching Ushio and Tora video tapes bought by my cousins. I enjoyed all types of animations. After that was Doraemon, Crayon Shin-Chan, Nintama Rantaro, Slam Dunk, YuYu Hakusho and many much more that were shown on Saturday and Sunday mornings on TV. And when I was in secondary school, I started to learn the term anime. There were late night shows of Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu, Hell Girl, Basilisks, and Bleach on my local television, with improper subs. Boys in my class talked about Bleach and Naruto. Somehow then I get indulged with Bleach (somehow I hated Naruto, but I watched all it's movies) and now, I download animes, solely for the purpose of sharing and enjoying them with my friends in college. Hell yeah to a community that watches animes!!!

well its a bit long but

first when i was a kid i watched anime on tv ( didnt know its anime ) like DBZ and hunter x hunter one day from the last year i bought a ps2 gamed called .hack//G.U. unfortunately it was JP so i searched the internet for the game and i did find it and download it after that i found out about an anime for it so i searched for it and found it here at kametsu igot so excited then i downloaded it (i still dont know what anime is ) while searching the forum i saw alot of the same pic ( light yagami of death note ) i kept asking my self theres something about this anime it must be a good one so i watched it and that was the beginning :D after watching death note i have learned the difference between anime and cartoons :D

:ewhz:well when i was young like everyone here most likely started to watch dbz and pokemon and digimon and all the type of anime , in grade 5 was yugiho and so forth and then when i got into college in 2000 i had a friend that showed me bleach and goldenboy, and some old school type of anime like ninja scroll and also then naruto started to pick up. so that was my anime induction if you would like to call it that lol

Pokemon i guess you could say, but thats more beginner. I would say it had to be Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and FMA:Brotherhood that they used to air on Adultswim back in the day, when they actually were true to the anime instead of playing their endless network produced shows.!.