What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

Well, my sister would watch different anime that came on TV, and I'd see some of it sometimes, so I just kinda got used to seeing that kinda thing.

Then, I started hanging around anime communities, got more interested in it all, then started watching with Lucky Star.

For manga, I just saw Tokyo Mew Mew in a local library, thought it looked cool, read it, loved it, then looked for more like it. Not like Tokyo Mew Mew, but more books like it, as in Manga.

got sucked in when i was doing some sword training wiht some friends. i started looking up some techniques and eventually i stumbled accidentally onto rurouni kenshin. I was hooked ever since :)

sword training? really? wow that's so cool!

honestly i never would have guessed sword training could lead to anime.. but then again, anything is possible!

when I was a very young girl I was addicted to Sailor Moon! even had the dolls and all.. A few years later, Dragon Ball got me so much more addicted! It was like everyone had dragon ball fever or smt! we collected the action figures, cards, movies, games, everything! After that I started watching Samurai X..not so many people watching that but i was fan #1! Still I didnt know what animes were, cause I was really young!

Years later a friend gave me some Death Note episodes..and that's what got me into animes! :)

to be continued

Well I never was really into manga and anime at first. I remember watching dragon ball on tv when i was younger and getting a bit freaked out XD

but one day i was looking through some disney amvs on youtube and found a wolf's rain amv and decided to watch the series and got hooked :P

after that i started watching lots of different series and ended up using more anime in my own amvs than anything else!

well yeah life story there :confuse:

Pokemon was what got me into anime, I was looking for Pokemon websites one day after school (way back when I was in year 3) and one of the sites I found said Pokemon was anime, I had no idea what it was but the site had a description of anime and after I read that I slowly became an anime fan. Though Pokemon was not the first anime I saw, Sailormoon was.

Weird thing that I found out later, was that most of the things I had started watching on pay TV not to long after Pokemon were all anime as well XD but I loved all of them.

Robotech on Sunday morning (right before Sunday school) back in 1980's (yeah, I'm showing my age hear) and battle of the planets. Then in the 90's @ Purdue University there was an anime club and I started with 3x3 eyes. After college I got a taste of Bubble-Gum Crises from a fried and started driving to the comic book store on the other side of town to rent the series, along with revisiting Robotech. Vision of Escaflowne sealed the deal (I was addicted to that series) and I've never looked back. I still like/watch some of the old 1990's stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I blame Zoids: Chaotic Century!! how dare that show introduce me to anime!! And now look I'm cursed to watch series after series of awesome anime in an effort to one day watch every episode of good anime out there! XP bleh... *died of over exposure to anime*.........*but was revived due to an uncanny desire to finnish the anime Eden to the East*

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really a single show but a single word... Toonami. Even though DBZ is still my favorite and probably always will be, I blam it on all the shows... shown on CN be it [as] or toonami.

Yep, pretty much when that hit the scene in the middle/late 90's is when I got hooked to anime. Before that though and pretty much my entire childhood I was in love with anything to do with Godzilla. I did see oldschool anime that they showed on random channels back then but nothing made me not wait until the next day after school more than DBZ.

I started off watching Pokemon, Digimon early on. Then when Toonami and Adult swim first came on I loved watching Yu Yu Hakusho and G Gundam and several others. Yu Yu Hakusho was the first (besides Pokemon) anime that I would look forward to seeing on a regular basis. After that, anything on Toonami or Adult Swim I watched. My love for anime EXPLODED when I went to Anime Detour in Bloomington, MN. Ever since then, Ive been hooked.

i was so bored after school that i always use to go to the library and i day saw someone watching Naruto then i got into it but then waiting for the episode's to come out was long so i went to manga but then that got boring to wait to then i discovered bleach and then one piece and so on and so fourth