What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

I used to watch Dragon Ball as a kid, but I never knew there was a difference between cartoons and anime. Then in early highschool I saw Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop when they first aired on Adult Swim and that's when I began to search for more anime to watch. 

I used to have a negative image of anime because some kids at school would run around with the dog ears and dog tail and be talking about InuYasha or whatever, and I thought they were pretty weird so I figured anime was pretty weird. Just goes to show you shouldn't be so quick to judge

my uncle recorded Sailor Moon for me on VHS. i still have it and watch it from time to time. i love that anime. then everytime i went to visit we would always go to the anime store to rent dvds. why dont they have those places anymore. i dont mind watching or downloading them but it was always fun to check out the new things they had out  :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Two series, were the basis from my entire anime obsession, Astro Boy, the Original series and the 80's series, and Tranzor Z, also known as Mazinger Z. Those 2 series lead me to spend lot of my time watching as many animes as possible, ie Robotech, Neon Genesis, GITS, and still progresses today to shows like FMAB, Soul Eater, Gurren Laggan, etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Was in my high school years some friends of mine was saying about going to a convention i was curious because was a two blocks away

in a former stadium  i went in with my brother and the two of us was hooked by all the vast world of anime by the time was very popular the movies about Dragon Ball Z but our favorite for that time was Neon Genesis Evangelion a very thoughtful anime for the time

good times :)

I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time as a kid when it was on cartoon network. Though I didn't realize at the time that it was any different than other cartoons. I just knew I liked it better. 

I didn't know what anime really was until about five years ago. My roommate was sick and ended up turning Cartoon Network on while we were sitting there. An episode of Naruto came on and I was hooked from then on. Manga came later when I found out it was faster to read things than to sit and watch all the episodes. 

• 4 months later...

i started to watch anime over Cartoon network and i didn't knew that it was ANIME.

later googling NARUTO i found that it was a manga and from there i went into all famous manga series.

i have watched very few anime yet read lot of manga hence a manga fan

manga is better than anime and there you get the whole of story and characters developement

It's kind of odd how I got into anime (even though I kind of still consider myself under the category of "getting into it," but I digress). I got into it by watching these people (no real formal name, they were just a group of friends on Skype that fucked around on League of Legends and just in general). They always had anime icons, and they always talked about "kawaii uguu sauce animes," or just generic slice of life animes. Nonetheless, I was intrigued, and decided to start watching some. The one I started with was Acchi Kocchi, or Place to Place as it is known in English. It's probably still my favorite, but that's kind of hard to decide.

• 2 weeks later...