What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

Happened about 12-13 years ago. My mother left me and my brother home alone for the first time. She never let us watch TV, and even when she left us home alone...she would un-hook the TV set up. I easily was able to re-hook it again. My brother and I just started flipping thru channel to see if we were missing out on anything. We found out that it was mostly not much worth missing...til we got to the Cartoon Network channel. Toonami had Dragon Ball Z going and every since I have been addicted. My brother grew out of it. The only anime he really liked was Bleach.

• 2 weeks later...

DB/DBZ of course but when the series was not shown anymore on TV I did not really watch anything after that.

Started again watching Anime with Naruto last year and got through the 450 episodes (ye, I watched all filler episodes before Shippuden) that were released at that point within 2 months.

When I was younger I used to watch Sailor Moon on TV when I got home from school, then when I got my own computer I was opened up to the extensive world of Japanese animation. I used to go to a local bookstore on my days off and read all the manga I could that was on sale (I couldn't buy any, I was to young to get a decent job).

It escalated from there. This year I was lucky enough to go to Japan, I've now made it a life ambition to live there!

• 1 month later...

I know I actually watched SO MUCH anime when I was younger and didn't realize it, but after rewatching some shows by seeing a list of anime on Wikipedia and seeing Digimon on it, I watched things like Shugo Chara and Hayate no Gotoku! (Yes, the huge parody thing before I watched much anime while realizing it)