What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

What got me into anime and magas??? hmm...

Well in the first grade I lived in Montreal...and all the kids at school were watching Sailor Moon and talking about it...so I started watching it as well. It was quite addictive at that age...lol! Later came Monster Ranchers, DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon, Vision of Escaflowne...Cardcaptors, Beyblade...then I kind of quit.

It wasn't until this year that I started up again. My siblings have lately become obsessed with reading mangas, so they would bring piles home from the library and sit around reading them. Then one day they brought home Tsubasa...and I was hooked again. I started reading that, xxxHolic, and Vampire Knight...and I couldn't help but start watching them too...lol! I really loved the story lines for these mangas, it just caught my attention right away!

One day a friend showed me a episode of one piece the episode where sanji first appears to me a couple years back and i thought it was really cool and so i watched the whole show to currently where it was at the time and and slowly started to look for other anime's and watched them and I've been a anime and manga fan since.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 4-5 years old my aunt bought me a videotape named RG Veda. I really liked that, but I didn't realize that it was anime.

When I was 14 years old I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh!. I started playing the game then I realized that this is not a cartoon even though people think it is.

I started watching the Japanese version then I saw other anime like Inuyasha, Ranma and etc, and that's pretty much how I started watching anime.