WTF Toonami & Adult Swim

TPlatt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a major reason why anime is in short supply on mainstream tv these days. There are "indaviduals" who don't want anime or manga to be released outside of Japan. These political zenophobes promoted raised exports and import taxes to limit goods entering and exiting Japan under the guise that it would help there economy. This made anime far more expensive for networks to show them unless they specialize. This means that compared to the old days anime is a mere trickle of what it used to be. This is why networks like Cartoon network, g4, stars action and tbs stopped there anime blocks. It was a shame for toonami but there is still hope. Toonami isn't completely dead. They have a specialty website that still broadcast webesodes like the old days.

I can't post the link due to the forum rules but if you look hard enough you should find it. Its not linked to toon network any more though or atleast I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

Adult Swim was so much better when I was little. And who's ever bright idea it was to take toonmi of the air needs to be tortured (not enough to kill him just enough so that he lives a normal life span.)...Sorry I take my shows seriously. It's a sin to mess with a girl's daily ritual of watching tv for hours... In fact I'm pretty sure that's how people become phycotic.

toonami had some good commercial for almost all their shows,i mean they even made sailor moon look watchable,but in truth i don't believe toonami will come back thanks to the internet and how easy it is for people to get their hands on uncut episodes of anime and without being interrupted by commercials.