Aboard the USS NoLight

Shazi

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while was supposed to be working on a creative response piece for literature i ran into a nice little writers block. so to get the creative juices flowing i wrote this chapter ^_^

ATUSSNLch5copy-1.png

“Away team to NoLight”

“Admiral Shazi,” Mae replied.

“We found the heart of the horde, ready the troops.” Shazi ordered.

“Yes Ma’am.” Mae said. “Ballard, you have the bridge.” Mae handed the control to Ballard and left.

“Yes ma’am.” Ballard took over.

“All personnel that can be spared report to cargo bay 6, repeat, all personnel that can be spared report to cargo bay 6.” Mae’s voice came through on all channels.

“I hope this goes well,” Leki said.

“Bridge to teleporter room.” Ballard connected with Lieutenant Poetic. “Beam the Admiral and Sergeant back up.” he ordered.

“Yes sir!” Poetic entered the commands into her console and retrieved the away team.

“Good work Lieutenant. Sergeant, with me.” Shazi and Oby appeared, only to leave the teleporter room strait away. As quickly as they could they got to the bridge.

“Cargo bay 6 to bridge”

“All set Major?” Shazi asked

“Yes ma’am. we’re ready to exterminate the horde at you’re command.” Mae replied. “Commander Chaos has requested permission to join the troop.” she added.

“Permission granted, come back safe.” Shazi said. “Lieutenant Poetic, beam them down.” Shazi ordered.

“Now what Admiral?” Leki asked.

“We wait until the Major reports.” Shazi replied.

OOO

Major Mae and Chaos were first to arrive. Mae had her ban hammer poised and ready to attack any Twilitians that got close to her, Chaos had every weapon he’d ever need, his mastery over shadows made him impossible to touch, and deadly.

With a mighty swing of her hammer, a path was cleared from their location to the heart of the horde. Their Horde master, a woman dressed in a team Edward shirt, smothered in what smelt like lilac perfume, with a large red dog at her feet, and a small child on her lap.

“Get a taste of my Ban Hammer!” Mae charged forward to hit her, but was stopped by several team Jacob supporters. Chaos’ shadows enveloped Mae in a protective shield while she readied her next swing.

“There’s too many, we need to wait for the-” Chaos was cut short by the sudden appearance of soldiers. With a controlled blast of flame, they wiped out a mass number of the horde. The soldier at the front removed his helmet and winked.

“Ensign Rezin, reporting with the latest models of the Desparkler.” He lowered his helmet and blasted the horde behind him.

“Prepare to be ban hammered,” Mae smirked and set her sights on the horde master.

“JACOB, ATTACK,” the horde master screamed. The little girl on her lap held her ears and the red dog leapt at Mae. Without a second thought, Mae smacked the dog to the side with her hammer.

“You’ll have to do better than that.” she ran as fast as her feet would take her, weaving her way through the bodies of the horde to the horde master.

“Renesmee, run.” The horde master placed the little girl on the floor and faced her destruction. Mae’s hammer came crashing down on the Horde master with a mighty crash. The rest of the horde, sensing their master’s defeat, dropped where they stood. Unable to continue fighting. The little girl stared at the horde master and said in a small voice.

“My Name is not Renesmee. it’s Amber.”

OOO

Amber had become a mascot aboard the USS NoLight. Each of the crew members had been given charge of her at some time or another.

“Leki, what does this do?” Amber pointed to one of the buttons on his console.

“That button makes the ship turn left,” he replied. Amber nodded thoughtfully then tapped her badge.

“Amber to Mae,” She said.

“What is it Amber?” Mae asked sweetly.

“How come Leki flies the ship and not Shazi?” she asked.

"You could have asked me that!" Leki said in the background

“Because Shazi isn’t trained to fly the ship Amber,” Mae replied. “Mae out,” Mae glared sideways at the crewman waiting for her next move. She drew her hammer and readied it. “Sorry Cadet, it’s your own fault.” She swung with all her might as the cadet went flying.

“You just got ban hammered,” Mae smirked.

just a short log to set myself up for the next chapter

ATUSSNLlog.png

Admirals log

Star date 2010.251

After the defeat of the first Twilitian Horde we encountered we discovered a child had been taken. Until we can find suitable parents for her I’m afraid she is stuck aboard NoLight until further notice.

Amber, as she is called, is a delight, each member of the crew has taken a shine to her, I must say she’s struck my heartstrings as well. I certainly don’t mind watching over her on my time off.

Unfortunately there is still no luck finding the man in the hat, though I have my suspicions. I will allow commander Ballard’s goggles, because of his work, but that hat has to go. Tator Wednesdays have been received excellently, Lieutenant Iki, and his kitchen staff have done an excellent job.

I’m please to say Major Eve has made a full recovery and a well done to both Commander Koby and Ensign Empathy on their work with the wounded.

In other announcements, Sergeant Oby has been promoted to Lieutenant Oby for her hard work in research, and on the away mission, Major Mae is being considered for Brigadier.

Until the Twilitian menace has been exterminated we shall boldly move forward.

Admiral Shazi of the Anti-Twilight Movement.

Kind of a boring chapter, sorry guys. Was really just to mention a couple of people and to use oby's new rank XD

Requests granted Major Mae. Amber is now under your care, and taco tuesdays will have an honorary mention on the next admirals log

ATUSSNLch6.png

“Anything out the Major Eve?” Shazi asked for the third time in the last hour. Major Mae had been given permenant care of Amber, and was therefore granted time off duty, the bridge just wasnt the same without her there, even if she was only down in the Senior officer quarters.

“Still nothing Admiral,” Eve sighed. In all those shows the crew members watched as kids they neglected to mentioned how boring it can get when nothing is happening.

“Ensign Leki, any troubles?”

“No ma’am nothing at all.” Leki replied, stifling a yawn. He was even getting bored of piloting.

“Lieutenant Botzz?”

“All system functioning normally,” Botzz said monotonously. The entire bridge sighed in unison.

“Lieutenant Botzz, bring up a game we can all play together,” Shazi said.

“Yes ma’am,” Botzz sifted through the computer system, searching for something they could do. “Good old fashion Uno?” he suggested.

“That’ll do,” Shazi agreed. The bridge began their game of Uno on their consoles.

“Uno,” Leki said smugly after a while.

“Draw four, change to red” Eve replied.

“Reverse back to you.” Leki smirked, thinking he'd won.

“Afraid not, reverse on you,” Eve giggled.

“Damn,” Leki cursed.

“Draw two,” Shazi said

“Draw four,” Botzz passed it on to Eve.

“Draw another six Leki,” Eve smirked. Leki groaned.

“Uno,” Shazi said. when it came back to her turn the threw her arms in the air in celebration. “HAHA I win!”

Without warning the ship shook violently.

“Botzz, scan for damage,” Shazi ordered in reaction to the disturbance

“The hull is stable, damage is localised to the Kitchen interior” Botzz reported.

“Bridge to kitchen, report,” Shazi demanded.

“Damn it Chi! I told you not to put that in there” Lieutenant Iki yelled.

“Sorry Lieutenant, won’t happen again,” Sergeant Chidori’s voice followed Iki’s

“You’re damn right it won’t or you’re out of my kitchen.”

“Lieutenant Iki, what happened?”

“Nothing too drastic ma’am,” Iki replied. “but could you send someone from maintenance down, my stove is busted.” he added,

“Botzz,” Shazi turned to the Lieutenant.

“Got it covered ma’am,” Botzz saluted. “AT1994, time to shine,”

“Affirmative,” AT1994 walked from the cargo bay, where he rested, to the kitchen.

“Heya AT, just the stove over there,” Iki greeted the android known as AT1994.

“Affirmative,” AT1994 replied. He began repairs to the stove immediately. Iki glared at Chidori.

“I’ll go back to my quarters,” Chidori took the hint. He sighed. His third day on kitchen and he’d screwed up big time. Maybe it was best he try the research department.

“Sergeant Chidori to Serg- er I mean Lieutenant Oby.”

“What is it Chi?” Oby replied.

“I screwed up in the kitchen, can I join research?” he asked.

“Take it up with Admiral Shazi, I just research, I don’t deal with personnel,” Oby replied. “Oby out.” Chidori sighed.

“Why the long face Chi?” Ensign Wolf asked. For whatever reason Wolf never seemed to have any regular duties.

“Wolf, what is it you DO on this ship?” Chidori asked.

“I do whatever task I’m given,” Wolf said proudly.

“But, what duties do you have assigned to you?” Chidori asked more specifically.

“Personnel,” Wolf replied with a shrug, “There’s usually not much to do so I hang about helping people.”

“Could I join personnel?” Chi asked. It seemed like a pretty sweet deal to him, a smaller work load with same salery as before.

“Sure why not,” Wolf grinned, “Did things not work out so well in the kitchen?” Wolf asked.

“Yeah, not so much,” Chi laughed.

“Ah well, you win some, you lose some” Wolf shrugged.

“Admiral Shazi to Ensign Wolf.”

“Yes Ma’am,”

“Report the the bridge.” She ordered.