Is Naruto good enough against DBZ?

tirmizi2010

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I never grew tired of the Naruto series as I did with the Dragon Ball series.

I love both and enjoy them endlessly but for me... DBZ isn't as interesting for me anymore.

More people know the name of Naruto here. Not Dragon Ball. So, yeah.

Pretty sure every anime fan has heard of Dragon Ball. If you haven't you aren't really a true anime fan. In the thread of what got you into anime, almost every answer has been either Pokemon, Digimon, or Dragon Ball Z. For me.. it was Dragon Ball Z that originally got me into anime.

As far as what shows I have re-watched the most times? Dragon Ball Z I've seen from beginning to end at least 15 times and now watching Dragon Ball Kai which is nothing more than a director's cut of Z.. and I've still yet to ever get bored of it.

Naruto on the other hand.. I have skipped several filler episodes.. and I'm going to skip the current arc as well. Naruto does have a better story than Dragon Ball Z ever thought about having.. and a lot more character depth, and even character development.. but it's just not the classic that DBZ is and it will probably never be as big as DBZ is.

Pretty sure every anime fan has heard of Dragon Ball. If you haven't you aren't really a true anime fan. In the thread of what got you into anime, almost every answer has been either Pokemon, Digimon, or Dragon Ball Z. For me.. it was Dragon Ball Z that originally got me into anime.

As far as what shows I have re-watched the most times? Dragon Ball Z I've seen from beginning to end at least 15 times and now watching Dragon Ball Kai which is nothing more than a director's cut of Z.. and I've still yet to ever get bored of it.

Naruto on the other hand.. I have skipped several filler episodes.. and I'm going to skip the current arc as well. Naruto does have a better story than Dragon Ball Z ever thought about having.. and a lot more character depth, and even character development.. but it's just not the classic that DBZ is and it will probably never be as big as DBZ is.

Not a lot of people in my city are nuts on a wide range of anime, sadly.

Only what is 'in' or practically brand new which sickens me sometimes.

DBZ was and still is a large part of my childhood/past time.

It was what actually got me into becoming an artist.

Though I personally prefer Naruto's series and it is more well-known where I live, DBZ is undoubtedly a classic and should be known everywhere if not for it's amazing manga then its anime or games. We have a lot of stores that sell anime/manga/merchandise and plenty of cosplayers but DBZ fans are rare to come by or even see in store. : /

Makes me cry sometimes.

Dragon Ball Z at its time revolutionized the way anime fights were done. There was nothing close to the fights featured in that anime and everything after was heavily influenced by it.

Everything Naruto does has been done before. It started out with a great plot that hooked many but its downfall started right with Shippuuden. It just doesn't seem to be about ninjas anymore.

it depends on opinion, I would say Naruto is good on the fact there isnt to many annoying fillers, but with DBZ they have some very annoying episodes where they power up for like 5 episodes ... thats way to long i mean come on it doesn't take 3 weeks to power up ...

DBZ and Naruto , I think both are quite good.

a) In DBZ they have power output with their KI while in Naruto they have chakra to maintain.

B) DBZ has a straight plot line most of the time though, evil ultra-powerful megalomaniac out to conquer/destroy the world and the DBZ crew in a great face off against them

c) Naruto though has a twisted plot line. Anyone figure out who the guy behind the mask is (Akatsuki boss) ?

It sure as hell ain't Madara coz' he's been resurrected himself by that Edo Tensei move.

Do note that my true vote goes to DBZ due to all those cool flashy moves like the Kame Ha Me Ha and Spirit Bomb.

There's nothing like that in Naruto,yet.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

KalicWinter is right : there sure are epic battle scenes in DragonBall as well as in DBGT.

I would have to say DBZ, though I wish it weren't true. I personally found Naruto to have a greater plot than DBZ. Now, I admit I did love watching DBZ a while back, but I just kinda stopped enjoying it after a while. The main reason for that was how repetitive it has become. It's basically almost the same thing over and over again, just with different enemies. Now, don't get me wrong I love DBZ but, I think that they certainly could have done better.