Is Naruto good enough against DBZ?

tirmizi2010

Naruto has more filler episodes in the whole series then DB/Z/GT put together. Naruto is also the only one who really "kicks butt" in that anime where as DBZ, yes Goku may be the one who kicks most butt, but there are others (Gohan for eg) who also get a good shot at kicking butt.

Narutos "shadow clone jutsu" is the one Naruto uses to defeat every major "bad guy" in the end so you reasoning is not all that valid.

The only bad guy that Gohan actually defeats is Cell. Naruto in no way is the only one that defeats the bad guy. Naruto mostly defeats filler enemies and some main enemies. Sasuke defeats Orochimaru, deidara and Itachi (sort of) and Kakashi defeats Zabaza. Goku defeats nearly all main villians. And he barely trains! Vegeta should be stronger than him!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does DB/Z yes you have to go all the way back to the original Dragonball to find it, but there is a story line in there (once you get past all the fighting) ^.^

Yeah but it's story isn't as good as Naruto. Naruto is more in depth. People actually die, which makes Naruto more emotional to viewers. When Goku dies, it no big deal since he can always be revived by the Dragonballs.

Yeah but it's story isn't as good as Naruto. Naruto is more in depth. People actually die, which makes Naruto more emotional to viewers. When Goku dies, it no big deal since he can always be revived by the Dragonballs.

Well if you are looking at it that way, just think of the amount of times Naruto has come close to dieing but having the ninetails in him he regenerates at an exception rate and is normally good to go the next day. As we are comparing it to DBZ wouldn't you think that the nine tails would be "narutos" form of "Dragonballs"?

DBZ avoids the shortcomings of Naruto such as filler episodes but it has battles where Goku is charging up a spirit bomb...and 5 episodes later he is still charging up that spirit bomb.

"Naruto is also the only one who really "kicks butt" in that anime" I would disagree with that, no offense. I haven't gotten up to shippuden yet but in the original series Sasuke does a hell of a lot of fighting and is very effective at it.

I wouldn't compare the nine tailed foxes chakra to the dragonballs exactly. Because often times Naruto is losing a fight really badly and the foxes chakra is a last measure. Hmm well I guess that does make it like the dragonballs....I retract my point

By "Really kicks butt" I mean the fact that he and he alone nine times out of ten is the only one who will defeat the main "bad guy" I have seen all the naruto/shippuuden episodes released in english thus far, plus I read the manga. Whilst Naruto does get a lot of help in defeating his main adversaries he and he alone is the one who ultimately defeats them.

But with Naruto, DBZ and any other fighting /action based Anime, the story lines/ plot twists end up being all the same.

Don't get me wrong, this is only my opinion and I don't take offense by anything that you have said... (it would be a boring Forum if EVERYONE agreed with me LOL) So keep it coming ^.^ (Oh and I like both Naruto and DBZ incase anyone was wondering)

DBZ & Naruto are still the best!!! It very difficult to compare which is the better. It seen their both DBZ & Naruto got their own story and character and most of the different anime series out their today try to mirror the story from DBZ & Naruto.

However, if I must choose one between DBZ & Naruto!!!! I will pick the DBZ, coz it seen to me that when DBZ release, that when the Anime world had change to a differrent level and that where it mark the Anime world turnning point. That why people still haven't got enought with DB till today, coz it original and classic.

:dhh:

During my childhood I was a huge fan of DBZ, but nowadays I would say Naruto is a lot better. It really has a plot, the characters aren't as superficial as in DBZ, and Naruto can also make you cry, which I don't remember DBZ every made me.

Definitely Naruto! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DBZ or Naruto?Well both have their pros and cons.DBZ has much more epic fight scenes than Naruto,but Naruto is much more emitionally story-driven show that focuses more on the characters and more spefically their realtionships with one another.DBZ is your classic good vs evil anime,whilst Naruto is much more complex and deals with more mature themes such as social alienation,revenge and the indivuals meaning for existence.The main characters in both are quite similar being that they are both happy go lucky,carefree characters who apopt a more serious tone when their freinds and family are in danger.This is however made much more interesting in Naruto due to the presence of Kyuubi (Nine Tailed Fox) and how he is a literal representation of Naruto's personal demons which he must confront.One of the problems with both shows is the large amount of filler.This is because Anime,a lot like everything else in Capitalism is just another avenue for corparations to make profit.Back to the original point though,Naruto or DBZ?Well I would have to say that neither is better than the other and that they are both spectacular series to watch and that the opinion upon on which is better will vary from person to person.

I liked DBZ until it got to the Cell Games. Naruto didn't impress me until the first real battle against Zabuza. Then it really picked up. Overall I like Naruto better, but DBZ definitely held it's own for the time. I think Naruto is a more evolved and polished story. But that's my 2 cents.