Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Koby

Summer 2019 Anime Season

Recommended Posts

 🌞Summer Anime 2019 🎆

AniChart | MAL Chart | AniDB Chart

NhkSs4l.jpg

*Click image to enlarge*

 

Sentai confirmed that DanMachi S2 will be Dubcasted, while FUNimation has confirmed only a few shows so far.

 

My Personal Summer Watch List is currently as follows:

 

Left-Overs:

Definite Pick-ups:

Possible Pick-ups (Pending Impressions on further PVs and/or first couple episodes):

Movies

  • Dragon Quest: Your Story
  • KonoSuba Movie
  • One Piece: Movie 14
  • Ni no Kuni
  • Weathering With You
  • Violet Evergarden Movie

OVAs

  • Mob Psycho 100: The First Spirits and Such Field Trip - A Journey that Mends the Heart and Heals the Soul
  • One Punch Man S2 - OVA
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - OVA
  • Totsukuni no Shoujo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually like to read over RandomC's seasonal preview as they delve a bit into the people behind the show and some past projects while kind of giving their impressions and including a couple PVs, but they don't release it until right before the season begins usually. That's usually when I make a decision on some of the iffy ones on my list and then some that I'm still not decided on I'll watch a few eps and either drop it or continue it. Mainly because I know for a fact I do not have the time to keep up with that many shows in a single season and my backlog continues to pile up as it is. So I attempt to cut down my seasonal pick-ups as much as I can without missing out on something I'd probably really like. Whether a show that I'm iffy on gets Dubcast/Simuldub or not also affects my willingness to watch it as I can multi-task better with it going if it's dubbed and thus more likely to stay caught up.

 

That said, FUNi has confirmed a Simuldub for 'The Ones Within'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself look up info on the new season, if one peaks my interest I look for a PV.

 

A lot of times some of the anime get dropped or I pickup ones I missed.

 

IF the anime gets a English Dub its even better.  I love watching the dubs (On Funimation or CrunchyRoll)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KobySentai confirmed that DanMachi S2 will be Dubcasted, while FUNimation has confirmed only a few shows so far.

The Show is comming/confirmed onto HiDive not by FUNimation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJHulp said:

@KobySentai confirmed that DanMachi S2 will be Dubcasted, while FUNimation has confirmed only a few shows so far.

The Show is comming/confirmed onto HiDive not by FUNimation.

You must have problems reading? No where did I ever claim any diferent.

 

What I said was in fact "Sentai confirmed that DanMachi S2 will be Dubcasted".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention Movies and OVAs, even though most of the movies listed for Summer won't actually be viewable to people outside Japan until like 8 months later when they hit BD typically. I've added the ones I'm interested in seeing to my first post in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, Koby said:
  • One Punch Man S2 - OVA
  •  

will be delayed to next fall since the vol 1 of OPM S2's Blu-ray moved from 27 Augest to 25 October  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mo Dao Zu Shi is my new favorite anime. I can't wait for season 2! I'm surprised the donghua made it to this list. Is that why it is in special?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ashven288 said:

😭😭😭 It seems Netflix picked it up instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/cafmy1/no_takagisan_is_not_a_netlfix_exclusive_outside/


Title: No, Takagi-san is not a Netlfix exclusive outside of Japan. Here´s a comment from a subreddit who was on Anime Expo and ask them about it


Ask u/Dmckilla7, because he/she says:

Yeah after a little bit of research I realized that Netflix stealing season 2 was false, a friend of mine at the Netflix panel tried to ask them about it and they didn't even know what the series was or heard of it for that matter. I think Crunchyroll and funimation will or do have it it's just that since their split any series that was colicensed has been in limbo for a few weeks.



I think it's fine, based off this.

Still hoping for Simuldub of A Certain Scientific Accelerator. Haven't seen any mention yet checking Funimation's "Moments" on Twitter or the Blog Post.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/06/14/summer-2019-lineup/

The blog has updated with new adds over the weeks, but still no Accelerator. =/ Any chance they might still be adding shows to lineup at this point?
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RyanEsau said:

Still hoping for Simuldub of A Certain Scientific Accelerator. Haven't seen any mention yet checking Funimation's "Moments" on Twitter or the Blog Post.


The blog has updated with new adds over the weeks, but still no Accelerator. =/ Any chance they might still be adding shows to lineup at this point?

FUNimation waited till last minute to announce Index 3. If I remember correctly a few episodes had aired and been simulcast before they announced the dub. So I figure if they'll be doing Accelerator that we can probably expect the same ordeal. I don't know if it's because they just want to play the "surprise we're doing this" sthick or if J.C. Staff is just slow about coming to agreements and getting the materials ready for them. In any case, I do suspect that FUNi will pick it up for Simuldub. It would be very surprising to me if they didn't.

 

Actually now that I think about it, Index 3 wasn't even being Simulcast at first. GJM was fansubbing it with an OTL because there was no official subs for several weeks. FUNimation announced a Simuldub shortly after it was announced that it would be Simulcast.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Koby said:

FUNimation waited till last minute to announce Index 3. If I remember correctly a few episodes had aired and been simulcast before they announced the dub. So I figure if they'll be doing Accelerator that we can probably expect the same ordeal. I don't know if it's because they just want to play the "surprise we're doing this" sthick or if J.C. Staff is just slow about coming to agreements and getting the materials ready for them. In any case, I do suspect that FUNi will pick it up for Simuldub. It would be very surprising to me if they didn't.

 

Actually now that I think about it, Index 3 wasn't even being Simulcast at first. GJM was fansubbing it with an OTL because there was no official subs for several weeks. FUNimation announced a Simuldub shortly after it was announced that it would be Simulcast.

Ah, interesting note. I watched the Simuldub of Index III but I didn't remember when it announced versus Simulcast.

But the Simuldub for Accelerator just got added to the list 😄

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/06/14/summer-2019-lineup/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RyanEsau said:

Ah, interesting note. I watched the Simuldub of Index III but I didn't remember when it announced versus Simulcast.

But the Simuldub for Accelerator just got added to the list 😄

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/06/14/summer-2019-lineup/

Can someone please list the names mentioned in the above mentioned link? ^_^
I always get "sorry, this content isn't available in your country"... and VPN doesn't work either! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, warriorpirate said:

Can someone please list the names mentioned in the above mentioned link? ^_^
I always get "sorry, this content isn't available in your country"... and VPN doesn't work either! :(

 

Everything listed on that post and in the same odd order they listed them in as I cba to alphabetize the list:

  • Fire Force
  • Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
  • Dr. STONE
  • Demon Lord, Retry!
  • Astra Lost in Space
  • Lord El-Melloi II’s Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note *Sub only*
  • Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie?
  • Cop Craft
  • A Certain Scientific Accelerator
  • How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?
  • The Ones Within
  • Kochoki
  • Ensemble Stars
  • BEM
  • Fruits Basket
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba *Sub only, Dub premieres on Toonami in Autumn*
  • Black Clover Season 2
  • Fairy Tail Final Season
  • YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
  • MIX
  • One Piece *Sub only*

 

All Simuldubbed unless otherwise noted.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beave said:

So far this Summer Season my favorites are:

 

Dr. Stone

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator - A Certain Scientific Accelerator

Enen no Shouboutai - Fire Force

Cop Craft

 

... And go!!!

 

 

I'm really enjoying pretty much everything I picked up this season. It's a huge season for me for sure. I expected to drop some, but that didn't happen. Was rather surprised. Although Cop Craft seems to be really cheaping out on the action scenes with tons of still frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×