Fact of the Day

DarkRavie

Fact of the Day - DILDO

Did you know... that there is a town in Canada called Dildo?  

Dildo is an unincorporated place on the island of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.  It is located on the southeastern Dildo Arm of Trinity Bay about 60 Kilometers west of St.John's. South Dildo is a neighboring unincorporated Community.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DarkRavie said:

The game is to write a fact about the subject written in CAPS.  I change the subject everyday.

Ok , sorry about that . I corrected the post . Hope I did it right . Thank you !

P.S - Karaoke does not mean orchestra in japanese . It's a combination of 2 words : kara - empty and okesutora which is orchestra . It's a form of interactive entertainment developed in Japan in which an amateur singer sings along with recorded music using a microphone ... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Grundy said:

Ok , sorry about that . I corrected the post . Hope I did it right . Thank you !

P.S - Karaoke does not mean orchestra in japanese . It's a combination of 2 words : kara - empty and okesutora which is orchestra . It's a form of interactive entertainment developed in Japan in which an amateur singer sings along with recorded music using a microphone ... 

It's good to learn when I get something wrong.  Thank you.  I'm glad you also posted what it really means.

And you did get the way I write the fact of the day, but I meant you post about what I post as fact of the day.  I'm the one that starts it with a fact and you take the same fact and put something else.  Look at past posts and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1

Fact of the Day - BASEBALL

Did you know... that in baseball, the 1884 World Series was a post-season championship between the Providence Grays of the National League and the New York Metropolitans of the American Association at the Polo Grounds in New York City? While the 1884 post-season championship series was the first such to be referred to as the "World Series," Major League Baseball considers the 1903 World Series as the first.

1 hour ago, DarkRavie said:

And you did get the way I write the fact of the day, but I meant you post about what I post as fact of the day.  I'm the one that starts it with a fact and you take the same fact and put something else.  Look at past posts and you'll see what I mean.

Understood , sorry , my bad . Didn't know that . Thank you for clarify that part for me !

Did you know... that London was the home of the famous Winnie-The-Pooh ? Winnie lived at ZSL London Zoo from 1914-1934 . During that time , author AA Milne brought his son Christopher Robin Milne to see the bear . She became Christopher Robin's favourite animal at the zoo . I said she because it turns out that the real Winnie was a female black bear and not a male bear of ..yellow colour .

• Like 1

Fact of the Day - OSTRICHES

Did you know... that this brilliant bird's strong legs don't only carry the ostrich where it wants to go, they're supper effective when it comes to self-defense? If an ostrich is cornered by a hungry predator such as a lion, cheetah, leopard, or hyena, it will kick with a force powerful enough to kill!  And each two-toed foot is armed with a 10 cm sharp claw, too!  So predators had better beware!

• Like 1

Did you know... some of the oldest ostrich-like fossils date as far as 40-60 million years ago and are from a bird known as Palaeotis ( it is thought to be similar to a bustard in apparence ) . The fossils were found in 1930's in Central Europe . Palaeotis belonged to the genus Struthio from which the ostrich is the only living member today . 

• Like 2