[NOMINATIONS] Anime of Fall 2018

Koby

It's time for another set of Anime of the Season nominations!

Same rules as before:

• Each user may only nominate one show.
  • Do not blindly nominate a series "just because you can"; nominate the series you are actually going to vote for.
  • As listed in the rules here, any shows that have had a previous season win, are not eligible to be nominated again, so check the Hall of Fame. This is so one show doesn't fill the HoF and allows other shows a chance in the spotlight. Spin-offs featuring new casts are still eligible however.
  • Nomination period is 1 week. It's on a timer so, even I can't forget.

Nominations will run thru February 2nd. The thread will lock automatically on February 3rd. The poll will be created and opened later on the same day or soon after. We will update this post as necessary as nominations come in. For reference, the Fall 2018 chart is located here - please check this chart before nominating a show in this thread, as it needs to come from the Fall 2018 season. NOTE: Shows that began airing in the fall season and are continuing into the winter 2018-2019 season are STILL eligible for nomination. Also, please use the English title, where applicable.

Last added Nomination Update: jhoopes517

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beave said:

I nominate Sword Art Online: Alicization

Added

21 minutes ago, Etzimal said:

Bunny Girl Senpai

Added

16 minutes ago, DJHulp said:

Date A Live S03, Also Today on FUNimation English Dub! ;) 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36633/Date_A_Live / https://www.funimation.com/shows/date-a-live 

Clearly the wrong season bud. We're looking for Fall 2018, not Winter 2019. Kind of silly to start nominations for a season that is only just now starting...

14 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Goblin Slayer, I really enjoyed it.

Added

12 minutes ago, basheer_naimi said:

Slime

Added

17 minutes ago, DJHulp said:

@Koby I saw Sword Art Online: Alicization  this also aired into Febuari so don't see what's wrong here also not Fall.

That is the date it airs on Toonami in English. That is not the date it premiered in Japan.

SAO3 started October 7th, 2018, thus it is a Fall 2018 series. Dub air dates don't change production dates.

Just because Hunter x Hunter 2011 dub didn't come out till 2016, doesn't magically make it a 2016 series does it? No.

There is nothing to argue for or against here. You can either not nominate anything or you can opt to nominate something from Fall 2018.

We're not accepting Winter 2019 series for Fall 2018 nominations so Date a Live S3 is not an option.

7 hours ago, Beave said:

I nominate Sword Art Online: Alicization

Sorry, I made a mistake earlier. Unfortunately, Sword Art Online won in Summer 2012, which makes S3 not eligible as per the rules in the OP. If you'd like to nominate something else, please do.

3 hours ago, DJHulp said:

I Change my Vote too: A Certain Magical Index III! ;) 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36432/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III/

Unfortunately Index S2 won AotS in Fall 2010, which makes S3 not eligible as per the rules listed in the first post. If you'd like to nominate something else, please do.

2 hours ago, gskumar said:

Added

41 minutes ago, Ashven288 said:

Fairy Tail 2018.

Added

• Koby unpinned and unfeatured this topic