Daniel RM

Netflix add Fireworks

37 minutes ago, gskumar said:

I suck reading Japanese! Which movie is that?

It's just called "Fireworks" or the extra long "Fireworks, Should we see it from the side or the bottom?"

18 minutes ago, gskumar said:

If this gets dub sure I will give it a try

I think every anime streamed internationally on Netflix has gotten a dubbed...

Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, Koby said:

I think every anime streamed internationally on Netflix has gotten a dubbed...

Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

*chime!*

Sorry, couldn't resist...seriously, my Kill la Kill in netflix STILL is Japanese only, at this point is it actually a bit of an outlier compared to the rest of the options.

8 minutes ago, Bluenoser said:

*chime!*

Sorry, couldn't resist...seriously, my Kill la Kill in netflix STILL is Japanese only, at this point is it actually a bit of an outlier compared to the rest of the options.

Ah, you're right. However, that's likely because Netflix doesn't hold the license for it else Netflix would have liking funded a dub. They only obtained the rights to stream it from AoA and that was only after it had been on other platforms first. According to Wikipedia the series is licensed in North America by Aniplex of America, who simulcast the series on Daisuki.net,and streamed it on Crunchyroll, and Hulu.The series aired on Adult Swim's Toonami block in the United States from February 8, 2015to August 2, 2015. So it would be up to Aniplex to decide to fund a dub.

But I agree it does seem like an oddball in that it's one of the few shows on Netflix without a dub and yet also managed to air on Toonami in subtitled form. That just doesn't happen very often. Toonami generally only covers dubs.