Status Quo

Koby

Honestly, I don't care about certain section of our community forum got removed due to these recent turn of events. I'm glad to see everyone back here. That's all it matters. I know and understand many of us are disappointed about it (that section of our community forum got removed) but hey! we got each other and so there is room for improvisations and optimism.

This year started rough is all I can say. But @IkarosBD and @Koby didn't lose their faith and not to forget the respective mods and staffs for their day and night to keep us updated of every now and then situation. It's a new beginning of the year. Each one of us can bring new ideas and content (not that content for now lol).

Just wanna say thank you to every behind the scene people for bringing such content irrespective of ranks. I was never this motivated before but that's just me. Just do what you're good at and we are with you. Peace.

Edited by LighteningOne
Silly grammar mistake
  • Like 3

Koby:

Sorry to see what you went through in this.  I know I have not been around much the last couple of years, family health issues and end of life stuff happening with parents keeps me too busy these days.  Yet I still check this site periodically, and not just for the downloads but also the threads that interest me topicwise, and that part is not going away, so neither am I.  I do want to thank you once again for your dedication over the years for spreading anime awareness as much as you have, and my wife thanks you for many hours of enjoyment she could not otherwise have had given her reading issues regarding subs.  Those days may be over here, but the community lives on, and I am not leaving...be a bit distant, but that's due to RL matters, not your site.  It is still going to be a place I check very regularly when I have the free time, so I look forward to seeing how you go from here on.

Again, my thanks, gratitude, and respect for all you have put into this place over these many years now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CardGames said:

We all appreciate everything the staff did, does, and continues to do to keep this site/forum up.

However...

I can't shake the feeling that there are still going to be people going around demanding the removed area to be returned.

Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic. 😓

no you could be right all things considered for example the shows I wish to see are not available in my country on amazon or other countrys for that matter I do not have VRV available in my region either also besides some of what he had here was rather rare in some cases let me ask you this do you truly believe people will suddenly stop ripping stuff ? of course not if any thing this will only drive people to rip things even more now then ever just remember you never what the future will hold maybe somebody will start something new elsewhere fingers crossed for that anyway it was great while it lasted thanks for everything guys

Edited by Andi
  • Like 1

Kametsu has meant alot to me...I've been a member long before the Cartoon-World forums shut down, though I was more of a lurker until C-W passed away.

I'll always appreciate the bonds I've made here and will try to still stay active despite what we have lost.

Wish @Koby and everyone else in staff the very best in sustaining this beloved community.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Glad the forum is back, even in this form. I'm also glad that IkarosBD is also back on his feet, judging from the optimistic post he made :), really had me worried there with that open letter .

God knows I'm a lurker, that's my nature, just look at my join date and post count, but I have kept coming back here going on 5 years now.

For what it's worth I wish you all the best and promise to return every now and then, although I do see some of you on other sites as well :D .

Judging by  the OP  they're getting pretty desperate to stop piracy, even issuing gag orders I presume. As a small fry in a small fry country that cares not for the copywrong laws I haven't been targeted in any way until now so I can only assume what you went through Koby. Many would have thrown in the towel.

Who knows, maybe in the near future we'll transcend into a society past money and abusive aholes doing anything and everything for said money.

I feel something is brewing, but I might be biased.

Until then, have a good one.

• Like 4

I confess that I always entered kametsu for their downloads, although only a few times. Welcome, then, I hope your return is prosperous. It would have been nice if kametsu had lasted to become a private forum or a private tracker, so it would last much longer with its content downloads, although its content was always free, now I see the need for limits, especially when they are downloads.

Contrary to popular opinion, perhaps the removal of that section isn't too much of a big deal. It is true and I understand that it was that section which attracted quite a few of us to kametsu (including me) but now that i look back on it, it was also driving users away from the discussions platform that kametsu intended to be and also what i hear it was when it first began.

Lets face it, there are a lot of other places on the internet to find the kind of content we are blaming kametsu for no longer supporting. But a non-toxic and pleasant community where we can freely discuss our interests as well as fetishes are still too few and far between.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Decrytum said:

It is true and I understand that it was that section which attracted quite a few of us to kametsu (including me) but now that i look back on it, it was also driving users away from the discussions platform that kametsu intended to be and also what i hear it was when it first began.

That's actually right if you think about it that way. Not many would keep themselves active on the site after archiving the min requirements. Sadly I've seen that happen in the past. Forcing people to reply or something just creates a bunch of spammed "thank." My previous teenage eyes had seen that happen in the long past.

What matters now is that the site is alive regardless of its downfalls and negativity that has occurred since a month or so ago.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CardGames said:

I can't shake the feeling that there are still going to be people going around demanding the removed area to be returned.

Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic. 😓

I think there is just always going to be that someone in a scenario. I think basically just about everyone will understand though and go elsewhere for their things.

However, there is those who can't "go elsewhere" due to their ISPs... so I imagine those people being the main culprits bitching. If any ever do bitch, that is.

I just hope to see the community keep going strong and discussion stay lively as always. I peruse a couple of forums and enjoy what I can read and enjoy partaking in discussion here and there. Kametsu quickly became one of those places, so would hate to see that fall off suddenly, especially due to just a side offering being lost.

If there's going to be no way of watching older anime/cartoons through here now, then I'm out. That was the only real purpose this forum served for me.

Sure you could say that it's for "legal" reasons, but taking things down for copyright is almost a joke to me these days depending on the content. Now don't get me wrong: I'm someone who would gladly own anything that I like through the more legitimate means of physical/digital, but it's the distributors who have to provide it to us first.

There's a lot of older media out there that's still worth remembering to the people who grew up with it, but I've seen how little distributors even seem to care about making some of this media more easily available for us to watch nowadays. Things like older dubs of anime, original unaltered cuts of movies (Star Wars Trilogy, anyone?), or more obscure cartoons from the 90s that people like Disney never bother to release on DVD or for streaming. So if fans are seen circulating old TV rips of unreleased shows from defunct channels like Toon Disney, then don't be blaming them for doing what you won't. And if they don't want fans releasing fansubs of the Pokémon/Digimon anime in Japanese, then they should quit limiting American consumers to their English dubs and make the Japanese versions more easily available as well.

Plus these digital content providers nowadays have proven to be quite untrustworthy at times, pulling things as they please without a moment's notice. Just recently Amazon has made almost the entire Warner Bros. catalog of movies/shows unavailable for digital purchase. Sure I would purchase them for my own personal streaming rather than torrenting... if they were letting us do that!

If you want to avoid having the DMCA breathing down your necks, that's your choice. But you know, maybe it's not necessarily the forum that's the real problem in the grand scheme of things. The point is: the content that people provided here was always the main value that I got out of this forum, and without that there isn't much else that this forum has to offer me, so that means I'll have to be taking my business elsewhere now.

Good day.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick103 said:

If there's going to be no way of watching older anime/cartoons through here now, then I'm out. That was the only real purpose this forum served for me.

Sure you could say that it's for "legal" reasons, but taking things down for copyright is almost a joke to me these days depending on the content. Now don't get me wrong: I'm someone who would gladly own anything that I like through the more legitimate means of physical/digital, but it's the distributors who have to provide it to us first.

There's a lot of older media out there that's still worth remembering to the people who grew up with it, but I've seen how little distributors even seem to care about making some of this media more easily available for us to watch nowadays. Things like older dubs of anime, original unaltered cuts of movies (Star Wars Trilogy, anyone?), or more obscure cartoons from the 90s that people like Disney never bother to release on DVD or for streaming. So if fans are seen circulating old TV rips of unreleased shows from defunct channels like Toon Disney, then don't be blaming them for doing what you won't. And if they don't want fans releasing fansubs of the Pokémon/Digimon anime in Japanese, then they should quit limiting American consumers to their English dubs and make the Japanese versions more easily available as well.

Plus these digital content providers nowadays have proven to be quite untrustworthy at times, pulling things as they please without a moment's notice. Just recently Amazon has made almost the entire Warner Bros. catalog of movies/shows unavailable for digital purchase. Sure I would purchase them for my own personal streaming rather than torrenting... if they were letting us do that!

If you want to avoid having the DMCA breathing down your necks, that's your choice. But you know, maybe it's not necessarily the forum that's the real problem in the grand scheme of things. The point is: the content that people provided here was always the main value that I got out of this forum, and without that there isn't much else that this forum has to offer me, so that means I'll have to be taking my business elsewhere now.

Good day.

10 posts in 4 years? Alrighty, one leech is gone. 😃

If I fought back, the entire community would have vanished when I went to jail (and it was pretty much guaranteed to happen, court was already in process btw) and a few downloads to me isn't worth jail time, but it's cool that people don't care about my life. I don't expect everyone to be appreciative or supportive.

The more I look at this, the more I'm actually happy to have been forced to remove the downloads.

When the dust settles, only those worth maintaining the community for will still be here and the forum will be much more sustainable in terms of requirements needed to run it as we can swap to cheaper servers.

So thank you for making me feel better about the situation. I appreciate it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1