Anime or Manga?

Koby

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

People can preach about anime adding less to the story line than manga ,but its still a dated form of  entertainment . Gotta be anime !!!!! Anime is a story all the same but better defined by the audio and the video -visual !   I personally  don't  get emersed when its up to my own interpretation while reading , not even with good drugs baby ^^   Oh and the drug thing can get expensive when you get into troubles and lost and stuff lol. Yeah dont do that  lol ><   It's all in how you wanna get your story basicly. To me comparing manga and anime is like comparing cave paintings put on paper to badass advaced alien technology or a crystal ball showing me wat i want to see .."Anime Baby !!!!!"  ^^ I'm Completely biased against manga with good reason. I dont have time to go blind reading books when i can just as  thoroughly  enjoy a more fulfilling experience with the anime.   Like and wat about hentai. Im a guy so not even gonna go there ...<  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It depends, really. Both have their upsides/downsides for me. I used to watch anime exclusively but a few years ago I got into manga and I can very much appreciate the added depth to the story and characters. Not to mention that vast variety of manga out there to choose from.

I have to say the last couple of years, there haven't been many new anime that really caught my interested so either I'm watch a few each season or sometimes none at all. I'd be following 20 to 40 ongoing manga's but then I'd check back at the end of the season to see if I missed any good anime.

Best part is that I can marathon them. I binged most of my favorites series for the first time. So, yeah, I still voted anime since there is no nuanced option.

• 2 months later...

While I love and appreciate the effort that goes into the production of both, I do prefer anime.

Anime feels more alive, there's voice actors, music and colour that bring it to life.

Manga is like my reference point, something I go back to to get the full story experience that the anime lacks at times.

Edited by cheez
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 0:52 AM, ragnawind said:

I prefer anime, as long as there is a dub. If there is only a sub version, I would rather just read the manga or Light Novel.

I remember having a similar opinion about dubs, but when I caught up with naruto, I couldn't wait for more dubs to come out. So I ventured into subs and never looked back.

• 1 month later...

I like anime more. 1st if you watch an anime where there are a lot of fight scenes, then watching an the anime instead of reading its manga is much better because, 1 there is the soundtrack and 2 the animation is decent (sometimes). That makes fight scenes in anime way more intense than manga. For example One Punch Man. The anime has really good animation and the fight scenes are pretty good, epsecially the last fight (Saitama vs Boros). One Punch Man's animation and soundtrack make that fight scene amazing.

• 5 weeks later...

Anime cuz I'm an animation head. I think the manga is usually better than the anime but comparing the mediums themselves I have to go with anime. While manga doesn't have animation it's usually much more well drawn than it's anime counterpart, but that's what happens when you outsource the work and ship stuff overseas to fill in anything that isn't key animation, although sometimes it's better cuz you have multiple skilled artists working as a team, with one or 2 single artists like with manga you get more freedom and you don't have to compromise as much plus you don't have to worry about following animation principles (although well drawn manga still follows many of them)

• 1 month later...