Anime or Manga?

Koby

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

I tend to buy the manga for those series i really enjoy as well as the anime - both to support the creative minds that feed my habit as well as being able to continue stories of characters/series i like beyond what is/ever will be animated (and some anime deviate significantly from the manga storyline - not always a bad thing - just different)

for the majority of manga that i have read i've watched the anime first. But i'm having a manga phase atm and am reading manga that doesn't have an anime.

I'm also reading Black Cat and Hitman Reborn before watching the anime though.

In general I prefer manga because they have better stories or more exciting elements- soul eater is a great example. It's nice to know what story the original artist wanted to tell.

In my case, I prefer to read manga. I feel more "in" the story... maybe because I can "touch" the drawing ?

I also prefer it because it is the original version. Most of the time, animes are incomplet because they summarize a lots of volumes in a few episodes...

With manga we also have a "contact" with the mangaka (^ ^)

• 3 months later...

I choose anime. I don't read manga at all. I like to read occasionally, but not manga. I'm not into reading novels either, as reading stories don't excite or intrigue me at all. I read up on philosophy, warfare tactics, and martial arts.

If there's a series I really like I think it's more benefical to watch anime because you get voices, music, movement, not have to turn the page, and reading to much is bad for the eyes compared to a TV screen which isn't as bad (or so I've heard). My eyesight is about the only sense of the main 5 that isn't dying, so I try to keep my reading time to a minimum. lol

I choose anime. I don't read manga at all. I like to read occasionally, but not manga. I'm not into reading novels either, as reading stories don't excite or intrigue me at all. I read up on philosophy, warfare tactics, and martial arts.

If there's a series I really like I think it's more benefical to watch anime because you get voices, music, movement, not have to turn the page, and reading to much is bad for the eyes compared to a TV screen which isn't as bad (or so I've heard). My eyesight is about the only sense of the main 5 that isn't dying, so I try to keep my reading time to a minimum. lol

I have to go with anime, you get to really see and get into the action as well as a stronger connection to whats going on and the characters. Most people don't have the patience to read manga and that's why I think anime is more essential becuase people will have a better feel for the story.