Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Koby

Anime or Manga?

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

294 posts in this topic

People can preach about anime adding less to the story line than manga ,but its still a dated form of  entertainment . Gotta be anime !!!!! Anime is a story all the same but better defined by the audio and the video -visual !   I personally  don't  get emersed when its up to my own interpretation while reading , not even with good drugs baby ^^   Oh and the drug thing can get expensive when you get into troubles and lost and stuff lol. Yeah dont do that  lol ><   It's all in how you wanna get your story basicly. To me comparing manga and anime is like comparing cave paintings put on paper to badass advaced alien technology or a crystal ball showing me wat i want to see .."Anime Baby !!!!!"  ^^ I'm Completely biased against manga with good reason. I dont have time to go blind reading books when i can just as  thoroughly  enjoy a more fulfilling experience with the anime.   Like and wat about hentai. Im a guy so not even gonna go there ...<  

It depends, really. Both have their upsides/downsides for me. I used to watch anime exclusively but a few years ago I got into manga and I can very much appreciate the added depth to the story and characters. Not to mention that vast variety of manga out there to choose from.

I have to say the last couple of years, there haven't been many new anime that really caught my interested so either I'm watch a few each season or sometimes none at all. I'd be following 20 to 40 ongoing manga's but then I'd check back at the end of the season to see if I missed any good anime.

Best part is that I can marathon them. I binged most of my favorites series for the first time. So, yeah, I still voted anime since there is no nuanced option.

I personally prefer the anime because of the soundtrack, I think it adds a lot to the experience. But if I just want to enjoy the whole story I will jump right into the manga without doubt.

Posted (edited)

While I love and appreciate the effort that goes into the production of both, I do prefer anime.

Anime feels more alive, there's voice actors, music and colour that bring it to life.

Manga is like my reference point, something I go back to to get the full story experience that the anime lacks at times.

Edited by cheez

I prefer anime, as long as there is a dub. If there is only a sub version, I would rather just read the manga or Light Novel.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:52 AM, ragnawind said:

I prefer anime, as long as there is a dub. If there is only a sub version, I would rather just read the manga or Light Novel.

I remember having a similar opinion about dubs, but when I caught up with naruto, I couldn't wait for more dubs to come out. So I ventured into subs and never looked back.