Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Koby

0MWRWiU.png

About

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is an upcoming American computer-animated superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Miles Morales / Spider-Man, produced by Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation in association with Marvel, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is set in an alternate universe from Sony's other Spider-Man properties, but introduces a shared multiverse. The film is directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, from a screenplay by Phil Lord, and stars Shameik Moore as Morales alongside Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Jake Johnson, Liev Schreiber, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez, and Lily Tomlin. In the film, Morales becomes one of many Spider-Men.

Plans for an animated Spider-Man film, to be developed by Lord and Christopher Miller, were first revealed in 2014, and officially announced in April 2015. Persichetti, Ramsey, and Rothman joined over the next two years, with Moore and Schreiber cast in April 2017. Lord and Miller wanted the film to have its own unique style, combining the in-house computer animation of Sony Pictures Imageworks with traditional hand-drawn comic book techniques inspired by the work of Miles Morales's co-creator Sara Pichelli. Completing the animation for the film required up to 140 animators, the largest crew ever used by Sony Pictures Animation for a film.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is scheduled for release on December 14, 2018.

Synopsis

Miles Morales is juggling his life between being a high school student and being Spider-Man. However, when Wilson "Kingpin" Fisk uses a super collider, another Spider-Man from another dimension, Peter Parker, winds up in Miles' dimension. As Peter trains Miles to become a better Spider-Man, they are soon joined by other Spider-Men from across the "Spider-Verse", including Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man Noir, Peni Parker, and Spider-Ham. As all these clashing dimensions start to tear Brooklyn apart, Miles must help the others stop Fisk and return everyone to their own dimensions.

PVs/Teasers/Trailers

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to this one. The visual style is pretty unique, though there are times during the trailers where I think it looks little ugly. Still, I'm hoping to be impressed by the end product. Marvel and Disney might want to pay some attention to how well this performs... I could see an Animated Cinematic Universe being quite successful.

Edit: I just watched that last trailer and OH MAN! I didn't realize Spider-Ham was going to be in this. I FUCKING LOVE SPIDER-HAM!

Edited by PhoenixPress

On 10/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, Koby said:

Me too. As someone who thought Homecoming was one the weakest MCU films and my least liked of the Spiderman live-action films, this Into the Spider-verse had me hooked from the get-go and only seems to get better as more previews and info is released.

Really? You didn't like Homecoming? I understand it has flaws, but why? Did you want them to repeat Peter Parker's origins again, or do something else? I honestly liked the movie for what it did, as well as use a villain Peter hadn't fought before.

Honestly, I'm very wary & cautious of movies that Sony makes nowadays. I really didn't like the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies, & thank God I have no reason to sit through Venom. I don't wanna know how Jared Leto as Morbius is gonna turn out. But this Into the Spider-Verse movie looks promising. Hopefully it does turn out well.

20 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

Really? You didn't like Homecoming? I understand it has flaws, but why? Did you want them to repeat Peter Parker's origins again, or do something else? I honestly liked the movie for what it did, as well as use a villain Peter hadn't fought before.

Honestly, I'm very wary & cautious of movies that Sony makes nowadays. I really didn't like the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies, & thank God I have no reason to sit through Venom. I don't wanna know how Jared Leto as Morbius is gonna turn out. But this Into the Spider-Verse movie looks promising. Hopefully it does turn out well.

I didn't say I didn't like it. Just that I personally felt it was one of the weaker MCU films. I've actually on some level enjoyed every MCU film. Sure I have some complaints to throw at most of them, but overall the enjoyment factor was there. I think with Homecoming, a lot of it was just the use of the cellphone camera blog chats Peter kept doing, especially in the beginning of the film. It reminded me a lot of the "found footage"-style films which I've never been a fan of. That and I'm just not really a fan of Keaton... and you know what they say, a superhero film is only as good as it's villain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was something else! I first though the main hero was a cheeky "token black person" to avoid all kinds of drama that's gotten out of hand lately, but it wasn't.

They managed to make it really awesome and use the culture to advance the plot in ways that never could be done with another white-skinned Spiderman!

Also, Loved the music.

BTW, does anyone know if there will be extras/extended scenes on the blu-ray?

7 hours ago, aliqandil said:

This was something else! I first though the main hero was a cheeky "token black person" to avoid all kinds of drama that's gotten out of hand lately, but it wasn't.

They managed to make it really awesome and use the culture to advance the plot in ways that never could be done with another white-skinned Spiderman!

Also, Loved the music.

BTW, does anyone know if there will be extras/extended scenes on the blu-ray?

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff, like a Spider-Ham mini movie included.