FUNimation Announces their Fall Simuldub Line-up Premiere Dates!

Koby

FQmwOgV.jpgFUNimation Entertainment announced on Tuesday that it will stream English dubs for the following series as part of its fall 2018 simuldub season:

• Ace Attorney Season 2 (October 30th, 4:00pm ET)
  • A Certain Magical Index III (October 24th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Black Clover Season 2 (Sundays, 4:00pm ET)
  • Double Decker! Doug & Kirill (September 30th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Fairy Tail Final Season (October 29th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Goblin Slayer (October 25th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Golden Kamuy Season 2 (October 31st, 4:00pm ET)
  • Radiant (October 27th, 4:00pm ET)
  • RErideD – Derrida, who leaps through time – (October 22nd, 4:00pm ET)
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Master (November 11th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Space Battleship TIRAMISU Zwei (October 23rd, 4:00pm ET)
  • SSSS.GRIDMAN (October 6th, 4:00pm ET)
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (October 15th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re (October 16th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (October 25th, 4:00pm ET)
  • Zombie Land Saga (October 28th, 4:00pm ET)

There could still be more announcements on the way, I for one would love to see A Certain Magical Index 3 get announced, but at this point it can be anyone's guess.

No premiere dates have been set at this time for the Simuldubs, however Goblin Slayer, based on Kumo Kagyu's Goblin Slayer light novel series, will premiere in Japan on October 6. The television anime of Tony Valente's French comic Radiant will premiere in Japan on October 6. Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight, based on Mikage Kasuga's novel series, will premiere in Japan on October 7, and Crunchyroll will stream all of them with English subtitles.

UPDATED: 10/11

Edited by NeutralHatred
  • Like 4

Black Clover just ended for the japanese watchers and continues on next week, hoping Dub also keeps going without stopping so then we should see it on Oct 21st.

Also, do they announce these on twitter/facebook only?

Added the RSS for their Blog (https://www.funimation.com/blog/) to follow assuming all announcements (BD Release Dates, Simuldubs, Events, Other News, etc) would be there. 

Didn't see this though. Do they only post once they have the full lineup and all the dates? I see Summer but no Fall. So confused...

7 minutes ago, RyanEsau said:

Black Clover just ended for the japanese watchers and continues on next week, hoping Dub also keeps going without stopping so then we should see it on Oct 21st.

It should. They tend to begin new seasons the week after the previous seasons Simuldubs ended. Also any time something has a week break, they too take the week off for the same episode when it's due to be streamed.

8 minutes ago, RyanEsau said:

Also, do they announce these on twitter/facebook only?

Added the RSS for their Blog (https://www.funimation.com/blog/) to follow assuming all announcements (BD Release Dates, Simuldubs, Events, Other News, etc) would be there. 

Didn't see this though. Do they only post once they have the full lineup and all the dates? I see Summer but no Fall. So confused...

Seems to never be consistent. Use to they shared it all on their blog, then they started doing it on Facebook first then posting on the blog afterwards. Now it seems the blog is an afterthought that is usually forgotten. They just post random crap to it, often with false information like the post about characters with Ice Powers which they royally screwed up and deleted when people started calling them out for not having the right picture with the right characters, etc... In any case, this season they seem to be posting all the latest Simuldub pickups exclusively on their "moments" section of their Twitter account.

• Like 2

In the latest string of announcements FUNimation stated that Fairy Tail (2018) will be getting the Simuldub treatment too.

Now I just hope Index 3 is announced and I'll be ecstatic.

7 hours ago, Goinandroid said:

Hi all, 

Does anyone know if "kingdom" is getting a sequel or not? 

Not really the thread to ask in, but as far as I know there has been nothing said about future installments to Kingdom.

• Like 3

Index III dub would be a massive undertaking considering the amount of returning talent required to be called in and general size of the cast, I heard whispers that Mikoto's english dub actor did confirm a simuldub was planned during a funimation stream and I just waited till an official announcement was made. If it hasn't been announced already then I'm not sure it will be, or at the very least it'll be a while until the simuldub thing starts.

I have every part of me crossed hoping for How To Pick Up A Girl In A Dungeon to get its next season! Sadly as far as everything I have seen it itsn't gonna be this year, so I just keep them all crossed for winter or spring =D

(And as for Index making it's comeback I will wish it at least hits by winter lineup as a late addin, That show has enough potential to get serious revenue for the creators and tons of love from the fans)

• Like 1

It is quite rare for me to watch more than 2 anime series as they are airing, I usually drop most after 1 or 2 episodes, but this Fall has quite a few I am interested in.  Double Decker! Doug & Kirill,  Goblin Slayer, Golden Kamuy Season 2, RErideD – Derrida, who leaps through time and Zombie Land Saga. I've never watched 5 ongoing anime before, shouldn't be too hard.

There are several more I might check out after the seasons are over, no sense in taking interest in something I may drop after a couple of episodes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Duckgoose said:

It is quite rare for me to watch more than 2 anime series as they are airing, I usually drop most after 1 or 2 episodes, but this Fall has quite a few I am interested in.  Double Decker! Doug & Kirill,  Goblin Slayer, Golden Kamuy Season 2, RErideD – Derrida, who leaps through time and Zombie Land Saga. I've never watched 5 ongoing anime before, shouldn't be too hard.

There are several more I might check out after the seasons are over, no sense in taking interest in something I may drop after a couple of episodes.

It is fun to watch more than one that way you have one to watch each day of the week tee hee =D My perspective is watch it all then judge, I have seen many anime that in first 4 or 5 eps suck, but after that it is like, What is this show? Why did it take so long to get good? Why didn't anyone tell me? and the oh so apparent Does it have a sequel coming or a prequel? =O LOL

(Of course for the ones that truly just suck I say, Sorry, that's 5 hours you won't get back HAHA)

At least this new lot looks very promising, I enjoy hearing what others think, however I will still watch them through anyway 😊

34 minutes ago, Duckgoose said:

It is quite rare for me to watch more than 2 anime series as they are airing, I usually drop most after 1 or 2 episodes, but this Fall has quite a few I am interested in. I've never watched 5 ongoing anime before, shouldn't be too hard.

Must be nice. I typically have anywhere from 7 to 15 series per season. It's rare that I've had 0-2 new pick-ups in a season... but even in those cases there were always long running shows that continued through the season.

I picked up 9 anime from this season, and I have 5 that are either long running or continuing from the last season... meaning I'll be keeping up with 14 anime series during the Fall... And I still have live-action and animerican toons I'm keeping up with too. So definitely more shows than I can possibly have time to watch, so some will fall behind, get dropped, or be put on hold on the back burner until I can get to them.

• Like 1