Goblin Slayer

Koby

Goblin Slayer

0TvgpqA.png

MAL

Synopsis

A young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It's the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue—a man who's dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there's no telling who might come calling next...

(Source: Yen Press)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't expect anything from this when I started watching,at first episode starting 5 min I was like same regular fuc*ing rpg anime, after the episode ended I really yelled WTF!!!!! What did I watch!!!!!.I heared manga actually has much detailed version of that rape thing, though I haven't read it.Picked this for my weekly.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, gskumar said:

I didn't expect anything from this when I started watching,at first episode starting 5 min I was like same regular fuc*ing rpg anime, after the episode ended I really yelled WTF!!!!! What did I watch!!!!!.I heared manga actually has much detailed version of that rape thing, though I haven't read it.Picked this for my weekly.

@gskumar Yep the manga have more detailed like  some chapter has show his face 

Edited by Raymond Red

5 hours ago, Raymond Red said:

@gskumar Yep the manga have more detailed like  some chapter has show his face 

I hardly ever read manga, one's I read can be counted on fingers literally. I officially dropped this show(You can see my mal profile). After the screw up in ep7 and fan service after that. I don't dislike fan service but it has to be done in right way, fan service when the story is in serious setting and mood that ruins everything. Fan service is not needed in this anime, you can add bath scenes but juggling the tities and showing the nipples, talking like a wh*re to seduce, that is totally uncalled for. Take ssss.gridman for example they added fan service in ep 5 which is nice change of pace and also has some story, at that point adding fan service gives some value or I can enjoy them more. Fan service is meant to relive some tension after a serious battle/drama and slow down the pacing before story goes serious again. I have different view for meaning of fan service.  

• Like 1

This and SSSS.Gridman, though i'm only on eps 5 & 4, are the only two new series i'm still watching, Golden Kamuy season 2 being the third anime on my watch list this season.

If fan service has been added to both, as mentioned above, it would make SSSS.Gridman more interesting, i've almost given up on it for being too childish. Adding fan service to Goblin Slayer will only make it better, if done right. A mature fantasy RPG, think Conan, is the way to go. I didn't like the one fan service episode in Outlaw Star, it took away from the main story, but it did nothing to harm it overall. 

3 minutes ago, Duckgoose said:

Adding fan service to Goblin Slayer will only make it better, i

I don't think in that way, I just watched ep8 starting and they added fan service there under serious setting, that is most irritating thing for me. If they want to add fan service do it in a filler episode not on a canon.

As for gridman goes it is childish but atleast you won't feel bored. Fan service I wouldn't call it fan service technically, since they just go to beach and have some fun, and this is a part of a story. So I felt much better watching it 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:09 AM, gskumar said:

I hardly ever read manga, one's I read can be counted on fingers literally. I officially dropped this show(You can see my mal profile). After the screw up in ep7 and fan service after that. I don't dislike fan service but it has to be done in right way, fan service when the story is in serious setting and mood that ruins everything. Fan service is not needed in this anime, you can add bath scenes but juggling the tities and showing the nipples, talking like a wh*re to seduce, that is totally uncalled for. Take ssss.gridman for example they added fan service in ep 5 which is nice change of pace and also has some story, at that point adding fan service gives some value or I can enjoy them more. Fan service is meant to relive some tension after a serious battle/drama and slow down the pacing before story goes serious again. I have different view for meaning of fan service.  

As you said the fan serves this day ruin every anime، not like the old anime.

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

It's literally only one scene in the very first episode. Hasn't been anymore of it since so far.

The Elfen Lied of openers so far. Shock value first episode, not so much later on.

7 minutes ago, blackblades said:

Thanks for letting us know, might have to pass then but is it through out the series.

You could essentially skip to the half way point of the episode and not miss anything but the sexual assault scene(s).

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

It's literally only one scene in the very first episode. Hasn't been anymore of it since so far.

Yeah there's only one scene of sexual assault so far, one gore scene in later episodes. Actually this show disappointed me, author tried to forced the mc to look badass which I didn't like it. I am interested in AoTS of this season and how does this fair in it.

1 minute ago, blackblades said:

Ok I might have to skip that 1st episodes then, can't handle that stuff. Anyways it kinda sound like dark version of grimgar.

Honestly, Grimgar is by far the better show in pretty much all aspects.

Grimgar looks nicer aesthetically with it's awesome hand-drawn backgrounds.

Grimgar has much better character development. Gobline Slayer, half way into season one still hasn't developed characters past their one-line job title... and also no one seems to have an actual name. They're just called by whatever their "job/position" in the party is. Like Priestess, Slayer, etc.

Grimgar's story was overall more griping and the development of the characters and their hardships really drew you into the world and the story. Goblin Slayer on the other hand feels incomplete. It's like it's jumping from plot point to plot point just adapting the page to anime form without any soul. It's a good story and I enjoy the elements it has, but the anime is definitely not living up to the potential the series has in the source material.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Koby said:

Honestly, Grimgar is by far the better show in pretty much all aspects.

Grimgar looks nicer aesthetically with it's awesome hand-drawn backgrounds.

Grimgar has much better character development. Gobline Slayer, half way into season one still hasn't developed characters past their one-line job title... and also no one seems to have an actual name. They're just called by whatever their "job/position" in the party is. Like Priestess, Slayer, etc.

Grimgar's story was overall more griping and the development of the characters and their hardships really drew you into the world and the story. Goblin Slayer on the other hand feels incomplete. It's like it's jumping from plot point to plot point just adapting the page to anime form without any soul. It's a good story and I enjoy the elements it has, but the anime is definitely not living up to the potential the series has in the source material.

Oh ok thanks for the info, I'll probably give it a shot then. Thought it was that brutal from what i read.

41 minutes ago, gskumar said:

Yeah there's only one scene of sexual assault so far, one gore scene in later episodes. Actually this show disappointed me, author tried to forced the mc to look badass which I didn't like it. I am interested in AoTS of this season and how does this fair in it.

I see, not as badly brutal as from what I just read about it being controversial.

1 minute ago, blackblades said:

I see, not as badly brutal as from what I just read about it being controversial.

It's brutal, if you are not good with all the blood and gore better to leave this. Anyway the story is starting to fall off and it was not as good as it started. There are other shows like bunny girl, zombie land saga which are really good. Try them.

21 minutes ago, gskumar said:

It's brutal, if you are not good with all the blood and gore better to leave this. Anyway the story is starting to fall off and it was not as good as it started. There are other shows like bunny girl, zombie land saga which are really good. Try them.

Lol bunny girl I'll pass on that, zombie land I seen that on here earlier. Confusing from the pictures there human and zombies.