Various_Files

Resident Evil 2 Remake

In a few hours we'll see the release of Resident Evil 2's free Ghost Survivors DLC, so to get you ready, Capcom has released some salient details on what the new 'what if?' scenarios will entail. Robert Kendo, Katherine Warren, and special operative Ghost will each have their own chapter, revealing what could have been.

Within the Resident Evil 2 canon, none of the trio make it through the Raccoon City outbreak alive, but the three DLC episodes reveal what might have happened if they had. In 'No Time to Mourn' gun store owner Kendo finds himself keeping the undead hordes at bay while waiting for a rescue helicopter to arrive. Apparently, there will be new poisonous zombies to contend with too. Eep.

'Runaway' will feature mayor's daughter Katherine Warren, fighting for her life against a zombie mutation that's susceptible only to powerful ammunition, while 'Forgotten Soldier' has you playing as Ghost, a member of Hunk's USS unit assigned with obtaining the G-Virus. In this one, you'll battle armoured enemies using an arsenal of military weaponry. Ghost Survivors will also add new character accessories, challenges, and achievements.

You'll be able to play Ghost Survivors in Resident Evil 2 from 15th February on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Maybe I'm just terrible or maybe they're just nearly impossibly hard, but I've tried and tried dozens of times and haven't been able to complete any of the new "Ghost Survivor" DLC runs.

Is the recently released DLC all thats being released for RE2, or is there more in the works?  I would prefer to wait to start playing it after its considered "complete".

1 hour ago, slick1109 said:

Is the recently released DLC all thats being released for RE2, or is there more in the works?  I would prefer to wait to start playing it after its considered "complete".

No idea if more is planned or not, but the DLC doesn't affect the main game at all. It's separate side-missions you can do. So there is no reason to hold off playing the main game.

The Ghost Survivors DLC is 3 campaigns about characters that canonically are dead and the scenario is a "what if they lived" type deal.