Resident Evil 2 Remake

Various_Files

In a few hours we'll see the release of Resident Evil 2's free Ghost Survivors DLC, so to get you ready, Capcom has released some salient details on what the new 'what if?' scenarios will entail. Robert Kendo, Katherine Warren, and special operative Ghost will each have their own chapter, revealing what could have been.

Within the Resident Evil 2 canon, none of the trio make it through the Raccoon City outbreak alive, but the three DLC episodes reveal what might have happened if they had. In 'No Time to Mourn' gun store owner Kendo finds himself keeping the undead hordes at bay while waiting for a rescue helicopter to arrive. Apparently, there will be new poisonous zombies to contend with too. Eep.

'Runaway' will feature mayor's daughter Katherine Warren, fighting for her life against a zombie mutation that's susceptible only to powerful ammunition, while 'Forgotten Soldier' has you playing as Ghost, a member of Hunk's USS unit assigned with obtaining the G-Virus. In this one, you'll battle armoured enemies using an arsenal of military weaponry. Ghost Survivors will also add new character accessories, challenges, and achievements.

You'll be able to play Ghost Survivors in Resident Evil 2 from 15th February on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

1 hour ago, slick1109 said:

Is the recently released DLC all thats being released for RE2, or is there more in the works?  I would prefer to wait to start playing it after its considered "complete".

No idea if more is planned or not, but the DLC doesn't affect the main game at all. It's separate side-missions you can do. So there is no reason to hold off playing the main game.

The Ghost Survivors DLC is 3 campaigns about characters that canonically are dead and the scenario is a "what if they lived" type deal.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:22 PM, slick1109 said:

Is the recently released DLC all thats being released for RE2, or is there more in the works?  I would prefer to wait to start playing it after its considered "complete".

The game is complete. It has a beginning and end. They did not with hold content (except the original soundtrack that costs $3 DLC) so everything they add post release is just bonus stuff. As Koby stated the Ghost Surviors DLC are standalone missions for 3 characters in "What if" scenarios since they are dead in the actual game. Don't wait unless you are just waiting for a cheaper price, it could be bought for $45 on PC prior to release and has been in the following weeks since. Green Man Gaming had it for sale the last few days but it's over now. 

While I appreciate the two responses, my desire to wait to start playing "Any" game until all DLC has been released for it (as well as update patches that address any problems) is because I typically have little interest in re-visiting a game after I have beaten it.  Thats why I would like to play all DLC right after completing the main story campaign, because its very unlikely that I will take the time to go back to that game again, months later, just to play a newly released DLC.

The amount of games that are on my "list", waiting to be played is very long as it is, so I am not one of those people that has to play every new game as soon as it comes out.  I can wait.  Heck, I just finished RE7 a week ago and am now playing Batman Arkham Knight.  Both games have been out for quite a while and are considered "complete" in the sense that all DLC and update patches have been released at this point.

While not all games are plagued with bugs upon release, one good example is the Fallout games which are always very buggy when first released.  While they are one of my favorite game series, I waited about a year after release to start playing Fallout 4 just because I knew it would have problems that needed to be fixed (plus of course waiting for all that DLC to be released).

Even though there are a lot of other games on my list that I have not gotten to yet, I am anxious to play RE2.  Thats why I was asking if anything else is planned for it yet.  If I dont hear anything about more DLC in the next 2 months then I will probably just go ahead and play it at that point.  I say 2 months because I am about to signup for 2 months of xbox game pass (as soon as i finish up Batman) so RE2 will have to wait at least that long.

Understandable about the whole waiting until it's all released thing (I'm contemplating that for Mortal Kombat 11). I will say that RE2 there is no need but you have other stuff lined up so you might as well just do that first.  I don't really foresee any new "real" content coming to RE2 as the game is 20 years old and they put all of the story that was there into the new version. Again nothing is cut out. The only DLC they have announced and released are costumes and these "What if" scenarios that are not canon or even part of the story. As Koby informed me in another thread they take about 10 minutes to complete each. They even included 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor in the base game which any other company (*cough*EA) would have cut those out and charged $2-$5 for them. 

I just finished RE7 at the beginning of January, I bought it 6 months ago, started it but a game I had really been wanting to play came out and distracted me so I just got back to it last month. I personally really enjoyed it, loved the puzzles that they had, especially the Tape segment with the birthday cake. The boss fights were terrible in my opinion, Jack chainsaw fight being the worst due to limited space, weird attacking mechanics and your movement speed being so slow. The atmosphere they created was excellent, the sense of dread would creep over me while slowly wandering the house. The second half of the game I felt lost some of creepiness and atmosphere of the first locale but wasn't bad. I had a lot of fun and it's my favorite RE game since 4.

I hope they remake RE3 Nemesis and Code Veronica using this engine.