Koby

An alert about Donations

Since mid June there has only been $34 worth of donations while there has been $150 in ($200 if you count the next server bill in a few days) worth of bills to maintain the server.

As you can see, the math shows that funds are going out much quicker than coming in and as such backup funds are drying up.

As of writing this post, there is currently $206 left, which is enough to get us through till New Years before being fully broke, but this is also without performing software updates (in which the forum requires a $25 license renewal and the themes require $40 total). As such, to maintain everything up-to-date, we're actually only gonna have enough funds to make October's payment and fall slightly short of November's server payment.

So I figured now was a good time to alert everyone to the lack of funds and hopefully we don't have to have a nervous breakdown about hitting goal last minute (which is why I prefer to maintain a healthy backup of funds for my sanity).

Alternatively we could bring in adverts if people would prefer that so the site doesn't have to be solely maintained on donations, however I'd really prefer not to do this, and it often leads to little worth due to such heavy usage of adblocks killing off any potential gains to be had which really minimizes their benefit. And besides I dislike ads as much as the next person and would rather not have them if at all possible.

If you'd like to donate you can do so through the Stripe service using any form of card (debit, credit, pre-paid, etc) here. Or you may contact me for GoogleWallet or Skrill options. We cannot use Paypal and we're not sure how to go about accepting or utilizing bitcoins.

Be sure to contact me via PM if you donate so I can add you to the donators group on the forum. You'll also get +v status on IRC and get donator rank on the Discord server too. Benefits of donator status on the forum include a bigger PM box and instant access to VIP section if you don't already have it as well as the pretty purple username and badge. 😃

• Like 2

I put in $25 for now. If you need more and no one else is going to throw in, I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have to do lights for a music festival this weekend so I'll have disposable income, what forms of payment are accepted? I don't have PayPal or a credit card ( my credit is rancid) but I can grab a prepaid when I get back on Monday and contribute like $25 or something if that helps.

-edit-, nevermind I see what forms are accepted

Edited by Spacecreepkitan

On 8/30/2018 at 12:22 AM, Arian said:

I put in $25 for now. If you need more and no one else is going to throw in, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.

Also thanks @Solaufein for another donation of $25.

Appreciate the support. These two donations already covered an additional month. 😃

9 hours ago, Cryptic said:

$5 sent

Through which method? Didn't see it come through...

9 hours ago, Cryptic said:

the themes seem unnecessarily high. those may have to be cut if it comes to that point 😕

Then we'd be stuck with the plain white "IPS Default" theme, unless I could get around to creating and maintaining new themes myself again like I did in the past, but they often require a lot of fixes after every IPS update so it becomes a big hassle. Besides often times themes are fully funded by individuals who're donating specifically for x-theme and those same individuals have usually came back to donate towards their renewal costs, specifically Subway, Uniform, and Carbon themes. Otherwise I'd mostly be fine just keeping Titan around till I got tired of it and wanted some change.

Also one thing to note, the theme and software license renewals are for a 6 month time span and the themes don't always have to be renewed immediately unless a major update to IPS broke something with them. However the IPS license needs to be maintained so software updates are available to us as well as so we can maintain access to the spam database management system that helps fight off spam bots and stuff.

• Like 1

@Koby   I have no income but periodically I get a $5 gift card code would sending that to you be of any help, i have been doing the microsoft rewards for years and takes 5 minutes out of my day to get points, sadly new users dont get that reward. I want to help so let me know if a $5 amazon card would be useful.

Edited by Trinity Soul

9 minutes ago, Trinity Soul said:

@Koby   I have no income but periodically I get a $5 gift card code would sending that to you be of any help, i have been doing the microsoft rewards for years and takes 5 minutes out of my day to get points, sadly new users dont get that reward. I want to help so let me know if a $5 amazon card would be useful.

If it has to be used on Amazon then we wouldn't have a use for it, but if it's like a pre-paid credit card that can be used outside of Amazon then possibly. If that is the case you could always send the money from it through the Stripe service. But I have a feeling it's just a giftcard for purchasing stuff on Amazon exclusively.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Through which method? Didn't see it come through...

I used stripe. I actually didn't make sure it even went through. it led me back to the main site so I thought all was good.

upon checking, it took 10 cents from me. no idea what happened 🤔

I hope 10 cents will do the trick :^)

XoJd4w1.jpg

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Then we'd be stuck with the plain white "IPS Default" theme

honestly I kinda like the default theme. it wouldn't be too difficult to make a custom dark css theme for it. I already played around with a dark theme before on a different forum a couple months ago

Edited by Cryptic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

I used stripe. I actually didn't make sure it even went through. it led me back to the main site so I thought all was good.

upon checking, it took 10 cents from me. no idea what happened 🤔

XoJd4w1.jpg

I'll PM you on IRC.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

If it has to be used on Amazon then we wouldn't have a use for it, but if it's like a pre-paid credit card that can be used outside of Amazon then possibly. If that is the case you could always send the money from it through the Stripe service. But I have a feeling it's just a giftcard for purchasing stuff on Amazon exclusively.

Yes it is for amazon only (it is a gift card code), I wish I could be of more use to all of you

Is there any way to make a regular contribution automatically, would be happy to do that. Won’t be able to make a donation until Wednesday but will happily do so then.

Would like this forum to stick around! 

Edited by Symb

On 9/2/2018 at 4:28 AM, Symb said:

Is there any way to make a regular contribution automatically, would be happy to do that. Won’t be able to make a donation until Wednesday but will happily do so then.

Would like this forum to stick around! 

Unfortunately I don't believe any of the options we have available offer a subscription-based donation like Paypal did.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:29 AM, kozala said:

I'll make a donation next payday @Koby (10 days away)  👍

👍 Alrighty

1 hour ago, Renzourin said:

I just dropped 20$ koby

Thanks bro. Was kind of surprised to see the email. 👨

Here is another $20 from me @Koby and if I can remember, I'll make another at the start of next month :) 

(I should really stop being a lurker that donates every few months but basically never says anything)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lyokomzm said:

Here is another $20 from me @Koby and if I can remember, I'll make another at the start of next month :) 

(I should really stop being a lurker that donates every few months but basically never says anything)

Thanks. Everyone appreciates the support.

It would be nice to hear from you more often on the forum. 😸

Speaking of lurkers, I've been registered on this site ever since I first grabbed DarkDream's 480p encodes of FMA:B back when I was in the 10th grade. Been 8 years now and despite never posting I would really hate to see the site go away. $25 donated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rockhoundhigh said:

Speaking of lurkers, I've been registered on this site ever since I first grabbed DarkDream's 480p encodes of FMA:B back when I was in the 10th grade. Been 8 years now and despite never posting I would really hate to see the site go away. $25 donated

That's a long time. Thanks for sticking around / coming back through the years and for your support. We stick around for the fans that enjoy the community, the people, and the work put into it all. A lot of time has been invested in this place through the years and we'd all hate to see it go.

Short term lurker for me, but Kametsu has been feeding my Anime addiction. Don't want it to go away.

I just put down a "C" note.

• Like 1